City said on Wednesday night that in their view there is a case for Tevez to answer of alleged breach of contract in relation to his conduct during the 2-0 Champions League defeat to Bayern in the Allianz Arena last month, when Mancini claimed the striker refused to come on as a substitute.
Subsequently, Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian said the matter boiled down to a simple misunderstanding in the heat of the moment and claimed the Argentina forward had been mistranslated in an interview he gave immediately after the game when he is alleged to have declared that his "head wasn't right to play".
Tevez was suspended for a fortnight the day after the game, allowing City to launch an internal investigation, the findings of which led to a statement being released on Wednesday night.
"The club has been conducting an investigation into the events of 27 September at the Allianz Arena," read the statement. "The club has now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded that there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of contract.
"Accordingly, the club has informed him that he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly. Carlos will be required to report to Roberto Mancini for training on Thursday."