(amends exact age, last para)
Factbox on 17-year-old Italian golfer Matteo Manassero, who became the youngest winner on the European Tour on Sunday.
Born: April 19, 1993 in Verona, Italy
* Since he first picked up a golf club, Manassero has been constantly breaking records.
* Was the youngest, and first Italian, winner of the British amateur championship in June 2009. A month later became the youngest winner of the silver medal awarded to the leading amateur in The British Open at Turnberry, won by American Stewart Cink.
* In April 2010 first became the youngest player to make an appearance at the U.S. Masters, then became the youngest player to make the cut, finishing in a tie for 36th place in what was the best performance by a European amateur for 73 years.
* Became the second youngest European Tour member after Spaniard Seve Ballesteros when he made his professional debut at the Italian Open in May.
* At 17 years and 188 days won the Castello Masters, making him the youngest European Tour winner. The previous youngest was Danny Lee of New Zealand, who won the 2009 Johnnie Walker Classic aged 18 years 213 days.
- - - -