A Brisbane newspaper has begun its coverage of the opening Ashes Test by banning Stuart Broad's name from the newspaper.
The Courier-Mail has implemented a 'Broad Ban', confirmed on the front page of the newspaper, for the duration of the Gabba Test match which starts at midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning in the UK.
Whenever they have to refer to the bowler, the paper will call him "Stuart Fraud".
The paper's stance is in retaliation for one of the biggest controversies of the summer's Ashes series in England which Broad controversially refused to walk during the first Test at Trent Bridge after he was inexplicably given not out by the on-field umpires having clearly edged a ball.
The 27-year-old admitted later that he knew perfectly well he had hit the ball that ended up in Australia captain Michael Clarke's hands, but with the Australians having run out of reviews Broad was able to stand his ground.
England went on to win one of the most dramatic Tests in Ashes history by just 14 runs, and went on to claim the series 3-0.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann described Broad's actions as "blatant cheating" in an interview on Australian radio, comments for which he was fined and later apologised.
Lehmann also said he hoped local fans would not let Broad forget the incident when England tour Australia.
Last week Broad said he was yet to sample the barbed welcome he was promised in Australia, but sensed it was on the way.
"The receptions at all the grounds have been great - there's not been an issue at all," he said.
"I'm sure it will be a bit livelier at the Gabba, especially now Mitch (Johnson - often the butt of jokes from England's travelling support) is playing as well - the fans will be having a field day.
"Yeah, I'd expect a bit more when the stadiums are a bit fuller. It will be good fun."