1. OI, THAT'S MY SPOT - Formula 1 champion Sebastian Vettel gives Kimi Raikkonen a face full of bubbly after the Finn stole the show at 2013's opening race in Melbourne.
2. HE'S BACK, AND ON HIS BACK - Rafa Nadal looks a tad chuffed after capturing the BNP Paribas Open men's title.
3. PIGGY-BACK - Swansea's Ashley Williams finds leverage on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud.
4. SUPERMAN, PART ONE - All Jamie Roberts needs now is a cape, though the entire Wales squad likely felt like superheroes after crushing England to retain the Six Nations.
5. SUPERMAN, PART TWO - Sam Thompson (#12) of the Ohio State Buckeyes strikes a similar pose in an NCAA basketball clash with the Wisconsin Badgers.
6. CRASH - Klaus Kroell eats net shortly before organisers called off the Alpine skiing in Lenzerheide.
7. BANG - Paul Townend endures a similar end to his participation at Cheltenham with horse Boston Bob in the RSA Steeple Chase.
8. WALLOP - Brennan Boesch of the New York Yankees finds out the hard way that pre-season baseball training is far from gentle preparation for the spring.
9. PEEKABOO - A great view of the action is one of the perks of working as a scoreboard technician.
10. WATCH OUT FOR THE BLADE - Canada's Andrew Poje has a bit of a close shave pulling off this tremendous move with compatriot Kaitlyn Weaver.
11. ROLE MODEL - Retired swimmer, budding golfer. But Michael Phelps is happy to pull the trunks back on for the kids of this Rio slum complex.
12. SIGN LANGUAGE - The Barmy Army's impressive displays aren't enough to stop New Zealand's Peter Fulton from dismissing Kevin Pietersen.