Manchester City and Argentina forward Carlos Tevez has escaped a jail sentence after pleading guilty to driving while disqualified and being without insurance at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court.
But Tevez - nicknamed 'The Golfer' - has been punished with 250 hours community service, a £1000 fine and a further-six month driving ban.
Tevez pleaded guilty in Spanish. He has yet to possess a full UK driving licence. And pass the driving theory test which is conducted in English.
We came up with a few suggestions of how Carlos the sinner can repay his local community in the weeks and months ahead.
1. Take a bunch of Manchester City fans up to Scotland for The Open golf championship - where they can watch you caddy.
2. Help out the local tattoo artist with his David Hasselhoff designs.
3. Care in the community. To show there are no hard feelings, pay a visit to your old mate Sir Alex Ferguson and join him at the local one o'clock club for some bingo and weekly tea dance. Dibbers and dabbers ready.
4. Pay a visit to the local park where you can find a lot of rubbish littered around that needs cleaning up.
5. Learn basic English and explain to others how you managed without it when you have been earning your living in England for the best part of a decade. And how did you cope in court?
6. Lend a helping hand at the local dogs' home. Discover how life is for real dogs after claiming to have been treated like one by Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini after being put on "gardening leave" for refusing to play in last season's Champions League. Care for those strays, Carlos.
7. Continue to test out the strength of seats in the Munich area after refusing to get off one during the Champions League. Is German workmanship as good as British?
8. Visit the local prison and explain how best to handle doing some porridge without your basic wants - £198,000 per week plus goal bonus - and being stuck somewhere you don't really want to be.
9. Work for the Manchester tourist board. Travel abroad promoting the city as a tourist destination. Continue to sell the area employing your natural choice of words. “Of course I would buy a house in Marbella. The weather, everything. Manchester has nothing."
10. Once you've mastered English, learn Liam Gallagher's basic Mancunian and get to know the locals. Be 'mad for it' like the former Oasis front man. May take longer than 250 hours.
14. Forget the golf for a minute. Up your quota of hours doing what you are paid to do only having managed 234 hours in the Premier League since 2006. Less than your 250 community service hours.
15. Or just forget the football coaching, and open your own golf academy encouraging kids to follow in your footsteps. And give them the chance to have their photo taken with Angel Cabrera.