Arsenal Message Board
What happened to this guy? He used to be intelligent and respectful, now he is prone to talking complete garbage and sounds angry all the time.
His logic is almost funny, he reckons RVP single handedly dragged arsenal into the CL yet single handedly won us the title (difference of about 30 points!) Clearly we are a one man team, like we were with ronaldo eh gov, incapable of winning without him, of wait....
I wonder if its to do with all the united regulars leaving this board for the new forum, now he's saying what he really thinks. I wonder what his friends like the prof would say if they could see him now?
Here is a question, if Ozil #$%$ past 3 games) was worth £42.5m, how much is rooney worth? At least double on yesterdays evidence. You should have signed him when you had the chance, even if he wasnt interested you should have tried.
If you think Man U would have won the PL last year without RVP you must live in a nice world. At least I have no qualms about identifying him as the main contributor to our CL qualification in his last season with us.
I lover the "respectful" comment particularly. I can only conclude that you find it disrespectful if I think a Man U player is over rated or of I think your team is not so special as in past years? That is a very interesting definition of disrespectful worthy of some soul searching on your behave I would dare to suggest.
To ease your apparent pain and discomfort with my opinion, just because I think Rooney is over rated doesn't mean I think he would not be an asset to most teams included Arsenal, ceterus paribus, but at his current salary I don't think he would be worth the money, and there are many equal or better striker out there, RVP to name but one :-)
The idea that my friendship with prof would be tied to my opinion on Man U is laughable, as is the idea that friendship requires identical opinions on football.
- 1 Reply to Govinda
"If you think Man U would have won the PL last year without RVP you must live in a nice world."
You seem to be under the impression that your 'opinion' is a euphemism for fact, whereas the opinions of those who disagree with you are delusional.
One FACT you overlook is Hernandez, who, statistically, was United's most prolific striker last season. His goals per minute played was far superior to RVP.
On the basis that his place in the team was taken by RVP, for the most part, it would seem that, far from winning us the league, RVP was a hindrance.
What does ICJ make of the below list of Europe's elite top 23 performers for 2013?
For some weird reasons, I can't seem to find Rooney's name on the list whilst Mesut Ozil was included. I wonder why, ICJ ?
FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013 longlist:
- Gareth Bale (Wales/Tottenham Hotspur/Real Madrid),
- Edinson Cavani (Uruguay/Napoli/Paris Saint Germain),
- Radamel Falcao (Colombia/Atletico Madrid/Monaco),
- Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea),
- Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden/AC Milan/Paris Saint Germain),
- Andrés Iniesta (Spain/Barcelona),
- Philipp Lahm (Germany/Bayern Munich),
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland/Borussia Dortmund),
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona),
- Thomas Müller (Germany/Bayern Munich),
- Manuel Neuer (Germany/Bayer Munich),
- Neymar (Brazil/Santos/Barcelona),
- Mesut Özil (Germany/Real Madrid/ARSENALl),
- Andrea Pirlo (Italy/Juventus),
- Franck Ribéry (France/Bayern Munich),
- Arjen Robben (Netherlands/Bayern Munich),
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid),
- Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany/Bayern Munich),
- Luis Suárez (Uruguay/Liverpool),
- Thiago Silva (Brazil/Paris Saint Germain),
- Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City),
- Robin Van Persie (Netherlands/Manchester United),
- Xavi (Spain/Barcelona).
- 1 Reply to MCMXCIX
That's for last season, when Rooney was carrying injuries and lack of form, or did you think we wouldn't notice you added ARSENAL at the end of Özil?
You never change, Gunner, still trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, badly!
Let's see who is on the list at the end of this season.