Manchester United Message Board
I don't know what all the fuss is about.
At least we didn't lose to Newcastle at home.
We didn't lose to Sunderland, who sit second from bottom.
We didn't have to cheat to get a penalty for a draw against the baggies.
We are still two points clear at the top.
We play Southampton at home next. That's the focus.
Are they the threat some believe them to be, or are they just pretenders?
They won at Anfield, got a draw at Old Trafford, but then they get a draw at The Britannia and lose at home to Sunderland.
It isn't a question of we should or we need to win. This is a must win.
In your first post, you posted as an Arsenal fan and yet now you post at a Utd fan.
Make your mind up.
Not sure what game you were watching, but the official stats show that we had two shots on target, along with Utd. We had four shots off target, with Utd having three. We had more corners too.
Stats don't win games, but they do show who was having the run of it....and it wasn't Utd.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
I would never forget the 's' in congratulations.
We were the better team. The margin was one goal. We bossed Utd on the field in every aspect.
Can't wait for the return game.
Go to Gunnerblog and check out the Wenger song about RVP
"F*ck you RVP" Wenger remix.
It ain't subtle, but it is funny.
Looking forward to this weekends game more so than I have for the last 6 years.
"He scores for fun"
Though not from six yards out...as proved last night.
In fact, in his thrid season with Utd, he scored 1 more goal than Giroud did in his first season. And Giroud admits he should do better this year.
In fact, he's on exactly the same stats as Hernandez. 1 in 2.
Hernandez - 4 goals in 8 games.
Giroud - 8 goals in 16 games
That's not an accusation. It's a FACT!
Big...no scrap that. HUGE challenge tonight.
There are few better teams in the CL that can turn defence into attack as effectively as Dortmund can. You have to give Klopp credit for that.
We have however managed to turn over a result against Bayern, who are recognised as being better than Dortmund.
We have to control the midfield tonight and defend properly. Break up their play as much as possible, and do to them, what they did to us. Hit them on the break.
It is achievable, but it isn't going to be easy.
1 - 2 to us?
I'm not worried about Marseille or Napoli. Problem will be if we don't get a result against either and draw Dortmund, we don't finish first in the group. Never a good place to be.
Rotation is going to be necessary soon. Monreal and Jenkinson both need playing time, but i would not play them against the likes of Utd. Last time we played without a full strength squad they raped us 8-2.
Seeing Vermaelen back is great news. We do need another top CB though.
Funny that the media are making #$%$ up about Hernandez! lol If we needed a striker, it wouldn't be him.
One down, a few to go.
The Liverpool game managed to do a couple of things.
1. It served to prove that this team can currently meet the challenge of strong opposition in a league game.
2. It shut Brendan Rogers up.
We now need to turn over Dortmund in their back yard. Not sure if that or the Utd game will be tougher, but even then, Southampton are above Utd in the league, so maybe they should considered the tougher opponents at this stage.
This month could provide a clearer indicator of our chances of winning the league this season. December will be the main one though. Back to back against City & Chavs.
Interesting times ahead.
We don't need Lewandowski. Giroud has settled. Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey & Wilshere can all supply and score, PLUS we have Walcott & Podolski to come back from injury.
In January, we need to bolster our defence. We do not have any depth in options.
We have got plenty of attack and creativity in the team.
I think the 29th October v Chelsea will be the big test.
Talk this week will all be about Lewandowski. Great if it causes upset and instability at BVB, but not if detracts our players from the task.
We both came close, but neither of us won the biscuit in terms of the team selection.
Probably the best worked team goal this season so far for Wilshere along with flashes of individual brilliance from both Ramsey and Ozil.
4 - 1 could have easily been far more if it weren't for Ruddy. (despite letting in four, he made some great saves)
Well done also to Southampton. Great determination to get the equaliser. Now to look forward to the Yid's tripping up again.
That's a lot of questions.
Lets see if I can answer them all for you.
1. Dodge took offence to comments I made about the leadership of the club, and along with others at the time, hounded me about it. Since then, he has remained the only one who keeps bringing it up. I'm happy to defend what I said at the time, and I explained myself clearly to Slayer at the time also. Either it was ignored, or not understood. Either way, I stand by what I said, but was always and remain an avid supporter and regular attendee of Arsenal.
2. A year or so ago, this board was nothing but thread after thread of childish attempts at winding me or others up.
3. No this board is not OK, but is no worse than others. It's just a shame so many of the posters have left. That's not just the fault of Arsenal posters though.
4. I am friendly with other posters, which includes Utd supporters. I have had my moments with them, but over the last couple of years, have maintained a sense of proportion and understanding. I have stuck up for them in the past, but they don't need my help to defend themselves.
5. I am friends with some posters away from this forum and I am happy to enjoy a balanced view of the game with them. I will leave the petty abuse and name calling to the few that cannot move forward, but welcome invitations form any posters who likes to engage in grown up views of the game and other matters.
With news that Cazorla could be back to play this weekend, what will the team look like?
Jenkinson - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
Rosicky - Flam/Arteta? - Wilshere
Cazorla - Ozil
4 - 3 - 2 - 1