Tottenham Hotspur Message Board
Go to Gunnerblog and check out the Wenger song about RVP
"F*ck you RVP" Wenger remix.
It ain't subtle, but it is funny.
Looking forward to this weekends game more so than I have for the last 6 years.
"He scores for fun"
Though not from six yards out...as proved last night.
In fact, in his thrid season with Utd, he scored 1 more goal than Giroud did in his first season. And Giroud admits he should do better this year.
In fact, he's on exactly the same stats as Hernandez. 1 in 2.
Hernandez - 4 goals in 8 games.
Giroud - 8 goals in 16 games
That's not an accusation. It's a FACT!
Big...no scrap that. HUGE challenge tonight.
There are few better teams in the CL that can turn defence into attack as effectively as Dortmund can. You have to give Klopp credit for that.
We have however managed to turn over a result against Bayern, who are recognised as being better than Dortmund.
We have to control the midfield tonight and defend properly. Break up their play as much as possible, and do to them, what they did to us. Hit them on the break.
It is achievable, but it isn't going to be easy.
1 - 2 to us?
I'm not worried about Marseille or Napoli. Problem will be if we don't get a result against either and draw Dortmund, we don't finish first in the group. Never a good place to be.
Rotation is going to be necessary soon. Monreal and Jenkinson both need playing time, but i would not play them against the likes of Utd. Last time we played without a full strength squad they raped us 8-2.
Seeing Vermaelen back is great news. We do need another top CB though.
Funny that the media are making #$%$ up about Hernandez! lol If we needed a striker, it wouldn't be him.
One down, a few to go.
The Liverpool game managed to do a couple of things.
1. It served to prove that this team can currently meet the challenge of strong opposition in a league game.
2. It shut Brendan Rogers up.
We now need to turn over Dortmund in their back yard. Not sure if that or the Utd game will be tougher, but even then, Southampton are above Utd in the league, so maybe they should considered the tougher opponents at this stage.
This month could provide a clearer indicator of our chances of winning the league this season. December will be the main one though. Back to back against City & Chavs.
Interesting times ahead.
We don't need Lewandowski. Giroud has settled. Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey & Wilshere can all supply and score, PLUS we have Walcott & Podolski to come back from injury.
In January, we need to bolster our defence. We do not have any depth in options.
We have got plenty of attack and creativity in the team.
I think the 29th October v Chelsea will be the big test.
Talk this week will all be about Lewandowski. Great if it causes upset and instability at BVB, but not if detracts our players from the task.
We both came close, but neither of us won the biscuit in terms of the team selection.
Probably the best worked team goal this season so far for Wilshere along with flashes of individual brilliance from both Ramsey and Ozil.
4 - 1 could have easily been far more if it weren't for Ruddy. (despite letting in four, he made some great saves)
Well done also to Southampton. Great determination to get the equaliser. Now to look forward to the Yid's tripping up again.
That's a lot of questions.
Lets see if I can answer them all for you.
1. Dodge took offence to comments I made about the leadership of the club, and along with others at the time, hounded me about it. Since then, he has remained the only one who keeps bringing it up. I'm happy to defend what I said at the time, and I explained myself clearly to Slayer at the time also. Either it was ignored, or not understood. Either way, I stand by what I said, but was always and remain an avid supporter and regular attendee of Arsenal.
2. A year or so ago, this board was nothing but thread after thread of childish attempts at winding me or others up.
3. No this board is not OK, but is no worse than others. It's just a shame so many of the posters have left. That's not just the fault of Arsenal posters though.
4. I am friendly with other posters, which includes Utd supporters. I have had my moments with them, but over the last couple of years, have maintained a sense of proportion and understanding. I have stuck up for them in the past, but they don't need my help to defend themselves.
5. I am friends with some posters away from this forum and I am happy to enjoy a balanced view of the game with them. I will leave the petty abuse and name calling to the few that cannot move forward, but welcome invitations form any posters who likes to engage in grown up views of the game and other matters.
With news that Cazorla could be back to play this weekend, what will the team look like?
Jenkinson - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
Rosicky - Flam/Arteta? - Wilshere
Cazorla - Ozil
4 - 3 - 2 - 1
Great to see Jack Wilshere get on the score board yesterday. The amount of times he got kicked yesterday was getting ridiculous. He got his reward though, by scoring a screamer. A point well earned against a team who's recent performances have seen their confidence grow.
Cashley looks set to miss out on some up-coming qualifiers. About time Hodgson gave a chance to Kieran Gibbs?
Rumours are abound that Wenger will be in the market for a striker in January. Anyone got any preferences?
Jurgen Klopp has just been given an extension to his touchline ban, so he will not be able to dish out instructions to his players from the bench when they play us at the Emirates. According to UEFA rules, he will not even be able to get into the dressing room at half time and can not use gadgets to communicate with other coaching staff.
Although Dortmund were always going to be difficult to beat on current form, not having the manager on the bench will go a long way in helping us secure the 3 points from the game.
I think the reasons Utd are where they are in the league right now are three fold.
1. Moyes has a completely different style of management to Fergie and they squad have to get used to doing things his way. Maybe it would be better to check in with them mid-season and see how they are doing then.
2. Utd's midfield is an engima. they have some great players in midfield, but none of them perform consistently. Maybe they will settle, but it may need Moyes to go out and buy during January.
3. Rio & Vidic are both performing very badly. Moyes needs to dump the old guard now, and bring in smalling/jones now. It may take them a few games, but they are the future so bring them in.
In the meantime....lol
I saw the press interview with Brendan Rogers. When asked about Suarez, he replied "He's chomping at the bit to get back to playing".
Either a very poor choice of words, or have they found a solution to stop him biting other players?
There are wide spread reports across the media, of the club's offer to extend Arsene's tenure. These include a £15m package (Not sure but likely to be two years), and a January transfer budget of £40m.
Of course all this is conjecture as we are talking about the media and not a direct press release by the club, but many of these stories are leaked from within.
Irrespective of who is leading the club, we all want to see it win silverware again this year. early indicators are we could be real challengers this year and there is rumoured to be the budget to improve the squad further.