Manchester City Message Board
I didn't laugh when we signed him as I remember that 30 yd rocket he scored against Newcastle a few years ago.
What I do own up to, is having spent the last two season thinking that Ramsey would never shrug off the ghost of the tackle that broke his leg. It has affected his play and development for the last two seasons, but he seems to have found himself and that ability that lead to Wenger buying him in the first place is now there for everyone to see again.
The only thing that still leaves a niggle in my mind is our lack of defensive options. If Sagna, Merts or Kos get injured we will be down to bare bones. Djourou, Squilacci and Miquel have all gone and Verm is long term injured. Flamini may be able to play to fill a role, but we should not be relying on utility when fighting for silverware. We should have world class/position specific cover.
Hopefully Arsene wont get shy with the budget promised for January and he get proactive ahead of the hard slog that is always February/March for many teams
There are wide spread reports across the media, of the club's offer to extend Arsene's tenure. These include a £15m package (Not sure but likely to be two years), and a January transfer budget of £40m.
Of course all this is conjecture as we are talking about the media and not a direct press release by the club, but many of these stories are leaked from within.
Irrespective of who is leading the club, we all want to see it win silverware again this year. early indicators are we could be real challengers this year and there is rumoured to be the budget to improve the squad further.
I saw the press interview with Brendan Rogers. When asked about Suarez, he replied "He's chomping at the bit to get back to playing".
Either a very poor choice of words, or have they found a solution to stop him biting other players?
I think the reasons Utd are where they are in the league right now are three fold.
1. Moyes has a completely different style of management to Fergie and they squad have to get used to doing things his way. Maybe it would be better to check in with them mid-season and see how they are doing then.
2. Utd's midfield is an engima. they have some great players in midfield, but none of them perform consistently. Maybe they will settle, but it may need Moyes to go out and buy during January.
3. Rio & Vidic are both performing very badly. Moyes needs to dump the old guard now, and bring in smalling/jones now. It may take them a few games, but they are the future so bring them in.
In the meantime....lol
That's a lot of questions.
Lets see if I can answer them all for you.
1. Dodge took offence to comments I made about the leadership of the club, and along with others at the time, hounded me about it. Since then, he has remained the only one who keeps bringing it up. I'm happy to defend what I said at the time, and I explained myself clearly to Slayer at the time also. Either it was ignored, or not understood. Either way, I stand by what I said, but was always and remain an avid supporter and regular attendee of Arsenal.
2. A year or so ago, this board was nothing but thread after thread of childish attempts at winding me or others up.
3. No this board is not OK, but is no worse than others. It's just a shame so many of the posters have left. That's not just the fault of Arsenal posters though.
4. I am friendly with other posters, which includes Utd supporters. I have had my moments with them, but over the last couple of years, have maintained a sense of proportion and understanding. I have stuck up for them in the past, but they don't need my help to defend themselves.
5. I am friends with some posters away from this forum and I am happy to enjoy a balanced view of the game with them. I will leave the petty abuse and name calling to the few that cannot move forward, but welcome invitations form any posters who likes to engage in grown up views of the game and other matters.
We both came close, but neither of us won the biscuit in terms of the team selection.
Probably the best worked team goal this season so far for Wilshere along with flashes of individual brilliance from both Ramsey and Ozil.
4 - 1 could have easily been far more if it weren't for Ruddy. (despite letting in four, he made some great saves)
Well done also to Southampton. Great determination to get the equaliser. Now to look forward to the Yid's tripping up again.
I think the 29th October v Chelsea will be the big test.
Talk this week will all be about Lewandowski. Great if it causes upset and instability at BVB, but not if detracts our players from the task.
We don't need Lewandowski. Giroud has settled. Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey & Wilshere can all supply and score, PLUS we have Walcott & Podolski to come back from injury.
In January, we need to bolster our defence. We do not have any depth in options.
We have got plenty of attack and creativity in the team.
I'm not worried about Marseille or Napoli. Problem will be if we don't get a result against either and draw Dortmund, we don't finish first in the group. Never a good place to be.
Rotation is going to be necessary soon. Monreal and Jenkinson both need playing time, but i would not play them against the likes of Utd. Last time we played without a full strength squad they raped us 8-2.
Seeing Vermaelen back is great news. We do need another top CB though.
Funny that the media are making #$%$ up about Hernandez! lol If we needed a striker, it wouldn't be him.
"He scores for fun"
Though not from six yards out...as proved last night.
In fact, in his thrid season with Utd, he scored 1 more goal than Giroud did in his first season. And Giroud admits he should do better this year.
In fact, he's on exactly the same stats as Hernandez. 1 in 2.
Hernandez - 4 goals in 8 games.
Giroud - 8 goals in 16 games
That's not an accusation. It's a FACT!
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
I would never forget the 's' in congratulations.
We were the better team. The margin was one goal. We bossed Utd on the field in every aspect.
Can't wait for the return game.
In your first post, you posted as an Arsenal fan and yet now you post at a Utd fan.
Make your mind up.
Not sure what game you were watching, but the official stats show that we had two shots on target, along with Utd. We had four shots off target, with Utd having three. We had more corners too.
Stats don't win games, but they do show who was having the run of it....and it wasn't Utd.
"lost three of your last six games"
One of those was a League Cup game, in which we played 5 fringe/reserve players.
One of those was a CL game against an opponent we then went on to beat away (even though everyone, including you said we didn't stand a chance of wining).
We have also beaten the team second in the premiership.
You have lost against WBA and got thrashed by City as well as got beaten by Liverpool.
I don't think Utd are exactly flying and they certainly had the worse start. They couldn't even get a result at Real Sociedad. Relative minnows in the CL.
Lets see who you've beaten in the league:-
Apart from us,
Stoke - We beat them too.
Fulham - We beat them too.
Sunderland - We beat them too.
Crystal palace - We beat them too.
Swansea - We beat them too.
Who have you drawn
Chelsea - We have yet to play them.
Southampton - We will find out this weekend.
Who has beaten you?
City - We have yet to play them.
WBA - We got a draw against them.
Liverpool - We beat them.
I don't give excuses, but it appears at present, we have played a similar range of teams.
Losing three of the last six is of no consequence when you consider you lost three in six in September. And they were all League Games.
You've played four of the top five
You've played six of the top ten
You've played four of the bottom six
That's 14 games!
And yet you're still only 5th and 5pts behind us!