Arsenal Message Board
- Reply to Dopey Gillian Brown Nov 13, 2013 08:31MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 14, 2013 09:57 Flag
'I made my first post for a very long time on Sunday, so made no remarks about Arsenal until after the United game.'
Ahahahahaha!..........Well spotted, FAB.
How on earth did I miss that nugget earlier?
Talking about glory-hunting supporter - typical.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 11, 2013 12:14 Flag
ICJ, I'm sure Rooney wasn't fully match-fit yesterday too, that could well explain why he was running around the pitch like some headless chicken, ;-)
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 11, 2013 11:52 Flag
What does ICJ make of the below list of Europe's elite top 23 performers for 2013?
For some weird reasons, I can't seem to find Rooney's name on the list whilst Mesut Ozil was included. I wonder why, ICJ ?
FIFA Ballon d'Or 2013 longlist:
- Gareth Bale (Wales/Tottenham Hotspur/Real Madrid),
- Edinson Cavani (Uruguay/Napoli/Paris Saint Germain),
- Radamel Falcao (Colombia/Atletico Madrid/Monaco),
- Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea),
- Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden/AC Milan/Paris Saint Germain),
- Andrés Iniesta (Spain/Barcelona),
- Philipp Lahm (Germany/Bayern Munich),
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland/Borussia Dortmund),
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona),
- Thomas Müller (Germany/Bayern Munich),
- Manuel Neuer (Germany/Bayer Munich),
- Neymar (Brazil/Santos/Barcelona),
- Mesut Özil (Germany/Real Madrid/ARSENALl),
- Andrea Pirlo (Italy/Juventus),
- Franck Ribéry (France/Bayern Munich),
- Arjen Robben (Netherlands/Bayern Munich),
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid),
- Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany/Bayern Munich),
- Luis Suárez (Uruguay/Liverpool),
- Thiago Silva (Brazil/Paris Saint Germain),
- Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City),
- Robin Van Persie (Netherlands/Manchester United),
- Xavi (Spain/Barcelona).
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 11, 2013 11:15 Flag
"I doubt very much if my clone is Butch, not that it bothers me."
Rikki won't do such a thing.
I'm pretty sure Rikk has bigger fish to fry than resorting to sumfin petty such as cloning IDs.
Anyone seen Rikk lately? I thought he was meant to be back by the end of September from his Asia itinerary, lol.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 11, 2013 10:51 Flag
"I do hope though that if anything was clear yesterday that it is that we need a quality striker soon."
Painfully obvious to the power that be at the club, that was why we were after Luis Suarez in the summer. But Suarez's form since returning from his ban proved that Liverpool were right to refuse to do business with Arsenal. You don't strengthen a rival side unless you're Wenger - bad bit of business.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 11, 2013 10:37 Flag
"If he stays healthy they could well qualify for CL football" ?
Are you having a laugh, Govinda?
Man U's squad is inferior to all the teams above them including Man City's and Spurs'. Just can't see them finishing the season above any of the aforementioned sides. In all honesty, Europa League is their forte next season unless Moyes strengthen his squad with at least 3-4 top top class signings in January which won't happen - they are skint.
According to some of their deluded fans of course.
Thing is, it's one thing raising your game and playing a cup final-ish match against the league LEADERS. But it's another deploying the same tactics against the West Brom and the others they are contending with for the right to partake in next season's Europa League compo.
Rejoicing for being 5th in the table, pmsl!
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 10, 2013 19:35 Flag
I'd take an ''honest'' but limited Bendtner over Young any day of the week - CHEATS! .................... pmsl!
When you take away the points Young won for Man U through DIVING and CHEATING. I'd bet they would be further down the BOTTOM half of the table in an ideal scenario WITHOUT CHEATING AND DIVING.
CHEATS do prosper, they do, just ask Ian Holloway and others who were cheated out of points.
What an AVERAGE side! You should be ashamed of your team' antics, SHAMELESS.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 10, 2013 18:59 Flag
Agreed, as I said before the match, it's their Cup final. Therefore I'm not surprised that we dropped 3 points today. Man U simply don't have the quality those ahead of them have, and that's the main difference this season.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 10, 2013 18:44 Flag
You don't have to watch their games, the table speaks for itself John. FFS, Southampton were ahead of them. Go look it up John - TABLE.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 10, 2013 18:34 Flag
He's clearly deluding himself. The problem for Man U is their squad is average at best. They need to buy at least 4 top class players in January window in order to challenge the likes of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool this season.
- MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Nov 10, 2013 18:24 Flag
I was truly amazed how average this current Moyes' Man U side were in front of their OWN fans today having not seen any game by them prior to this game. Given the quality of rivals squad (Southampton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City) ahead of them in the league I'd be surprised if they qualify for CL football next season. They got a lucky today, and Arsenal were clearly knackered having played a strong and superior Liverpool and Dortmund sides in the last 7 days before this match. Our injuries didn't help either.
There can be no getting away from the fact Manchester United's winger Ashley Young is a CHEAT.
I’ve lost count of the number of times over the past few years where he has flung himself to the ground theatrically to either win a penalty or get his opponent sent off.
Or usually both.
I suffered at his hands earlier this season when he took a tumble to win a penalty and get Kagisho Dikgacoi red carded during my Crystal Palace side’s visit to Old Trafford.
What minimal contact there was between the two players took place outside the penalty area.
But, on this occasion, the cheat did prosper.
Van Persie scored, we lost 2-0, United collected three points and Young pocketed a win bonus he didn’t deserve.
[EXTRACT from The Mirror, 9 Nov 2013].
Yahoo!'s decision to hide all links to these forum seems to be working perfectly as the forum now looks and feels like a GHOST town.
Anyway, just pop in to the forum to wish you guys commiserations on your defeat at the Emirates Stadium this evening, it was a great game by two great sides. Sadly for you lot, something has to give as you can't have two top sides at the top of the tree, lol. Good luck for the rest of the season folks but obviously NOT when we play Liverpool in the return fixture at Anfield later on in the season.
All the best, Gooneresque.
- Reply to MCMXCIX Sep 14, 2013 16:00MCMXCIX MCMXCIX Sep 15, 2013 13:20 Flag
What 'sunderlands GOAL'?
If you have EVER played footie at ANY meaningful level, you should have been taught to 'play to the whistle'. And when a referee blew his whistle, a player should always STOP and obey the ref's instruction. It's basic Football 101, sonny.
Now, what comes first, Rikk?......... Altidore WILLINGLY disregarding the ref's CLEAR instruction and playing to his OWN whistle or the phantom Sunderland GOAL?