Vonn reached speeds of 136km/h during her training run which was faster than any of the men managed on the course, according to former Olympic downhill champion and CBC ski analyst Kerrin Lee-Gartner.
The American completed her run in a time of 1:52.10 which left her almost a full second ahead of Germany's Maria Hoefl-Riesch who came next on 1:53.05.
Dominique Gisin of Switzerland was third fastest.
Last week Vonn told Eurosport she was seeking legal advice to overturn the decision of FIS that she could not race against her male counterparts in the World Cup at Lake Louise.
"Had so much fun in the downhill training run today!!” Vonn posted on her Twitter account.
The weekend's opening training run also saw a return to action for Britain's Chemmy Alcott, who has not raced since she sustained horrific injuries in a crash as the same venue nearly two years ago.
Top 10 times
1. VONN Lindsey (USA) 1:52.10
2. HOEFL-RIESCH Maria (GER) 1:53.05
3. GISIN Dominique (SUI) 1:53.41
4. FANCHINI Elena (ITA) 1:53.42
5. STERZ Regina (AUT) 1:53.69
6. SCHMIDHOFER Nicole (AUT) 1:53.74
7. MAZE Tina (SLO) 1:53.90
8. COOK Stacey (USA) 1:53.91
9. MANCUSO Julia (USA) 1:53.92
10. MOSER Stefanie (AUT) 1:54.14