Froch steamrolled through Yusaf Mack at the Nottingham Arena on Saturday in his first defence of the IBF super middleweight title he won from Lucian Bute in the same building earlier this year.
And in post-fight ringside interviews, the 35-year-old’s promoter Eddie Hearn admitted there was truth in reports that he plans to stage second bouts with Bute, Kessler and Ward.
“We are obliged to go to Montreal in March for the Lucian Bute rematch but I don’t know after his performance against Grachev and Carl’s performance on Saturday that they are going to want to take him on,” said Hearn.
“There’s the issue of the mandatory challenger in Adonis Stevenson, though, who is a good fighter.”
Stevenson has been named as the top contender by the IBF courtesy of the Haitian-born Canadian’s 19-1 record with 16 knockouts along the way.
It has been suggested that Froch may be stripped of his title if he shows no desire whatsoever to meet his scheduled opponent, but Hearn's company Matchroom nonetheless remain keen on what they called ‘2013: year of the rematch’.
Hearn added: “We want to fight Kessler and Ward said on Twitter that he could be interested in a fight in the UK and I think he’d come. I want to do a stadium fight with Carl next summer.”
Froch concurred with the stadium event talk, specifying his beloved Nottingham Forest football club’s City Ground as a venue.
“I haven’t got time to waste,” said Froch.
“I wouldn’t be stupid and jump back in the ring too early but I have no injuries, my hands are fine so I feel good and if something could come off sooner rather than later I’d prefer that.
“Other than fighting at the Capital FM Arena the next best thing would be the City Ground, it would be unbelievable.
“I go to loads of Nottingham Forest games and I go on the pitch sometimes and get a standing ovation so to be in the middle of the pitch fighting someone like Kessler or Ward I can only imagine how phenomenal that would be, a career defining night.”