After a slow start at Brands Hatch last month, Byrne climbed the podium for the first time this term at Thruxton last time out – that a third in the second race of the weekend.
He was 11th in the first race of three at Oulton Park before improving to second in race two – losing out to Chris Walker after an impressive ride from the four-time BSB runner-up.
But the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider went one better in the last race of the weekend overhauling reigning champion Tommy Hill with three laps to go and then holding for the win.
It was Byrne’s teammate Stuart Easton who led during the early laps offering hope for a remarkable race win roughly a year after a career-threatening crash at the North West 200.
However on lap nine he was passed by Hill at the second time of asking before seeing Byrne also come past and eventually take the Swan Yamaha rider.
Easton did hold off Josh Brookes for third though – the Australian in turn getting the better of Tommy Bridewell who had to make do with fifth.
Hill’s second-place finish was enough to see him overtake Brookes at the top of the overall standings having seen the tides turned earlier in the day.
The reigning champion won race one at Oulton Park on Saturday and Swan Yamaha teammate Noriyuki Haga, second on that occasion, was sixth in the last race of the day.
1. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki)
2. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) +2.612s
3. Stuart Easton (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +5.481s
4. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +6.093s
5. Tommy Bridewell (Supersonic BMW) +10.464s
6. Noriyuki Haga (Swan Yamaha) +13.209s
7. Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) +13.637s
8. Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda) +13.865s
9. Chris Walker (Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki) +18.276s
10. Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +18.514s
1. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 98
2. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) 92
3. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) 88
4. Stuart Easton (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) 58
5. Ian Lowry (Padgetts Honda) 52
6. Alastair Seeley (Tyco Suzuki) 49