Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray has urged fans to unite behind the new regime after a Walter Smith-led consortium withdrew their interest in buying the club.
The former Ibrox boss has confirmed that he will step aside after a £6million offer to the Charles Green consortium was rejected.
"Following the announcement today on behalf of the Walter Smith consortium, the board would urge all Rangers fans to now get behind the club," Murray said in a statement.
Smith's group revealed their interest in purchasing the stricken Glasgow giants last Thursday.
However, within hours, Green and his investors completed the purchase of the business and assets of Rangers as a newco after failure to secure a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) consigned the club to liquidation.
Murray was swiftly appointed to the board after the ex-Sheffield United chief executive completed the acquisition and he has stressed again that his involvement in the company now known as The Rangers Football Club is not for "personal gain."
Murray said: "The consortium is wholly committed to rebuilding Rangers and their investment is regarded as a strategic long-term project.
"As I have said previously I am not in this for personal gain and what is of paramount importance is the club regains stability both in financial and footballing terms."
He added: "We can however say to supporters that the assurances the Walter Smith consortium are looking for regarding financial probity and high standards of corporate governance will be met."
Green will discover on July 4 whether his newco will be granted entry into the Scottish Premier League, with all 12 top-flight clubs set to vote on the issue.