Sky Sport Italia has insisted that the Viola have been in talks with the west London regarding their Brazilian goalkeeper, who looks set to leave the club this summer.
The shot-stopper had been in negotiations with Napoli, but Harry Redknapp’s men were unwilling to let the veteran go on a one-year loan deal to the Partenopei.
Vincenzo Montella’s team though, are keen on a permanent deal and are in discussions with the Loftus Road club.
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli have made a 'monstrous offer' for Paris Saint-Germain's Marco Verratti.
Verratti's agent, Donato Di Campli, revealed that the Azzurri had tabled a bid after holding talks with PSG regarding a new improved contract for his client.
“We are still some way off an agreement,” Di Campli told Gazzetta.it. “The negotiations need to continue.”
The representative met with PSG director general Jean-Claude Blanc in the French capital in a bid to get the 20-year-old a significant pay rise.
The Italian international reportedly wants €3million (£2.5m) a season. PSG are thought to be ready to double his present €800,000 a year terms.
“Talks will continue, even if I’m not that optimistic or hopeful,” Di Campli continued. “The fact is that Marco still has four years to go on his contract here.
“However, he is not short of alternatives. Just this morning a monstrous offer arrived on behalf of Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis.
“We will meet with PSG again next week. I need to speak with Marco and his family, then we will see.”
And according to the Daily Star, the Premier League side have already pin-pointed the Zebrette goalscorer has Suarez’s potential successor.
The 22-year-old scored 11 goals in 22 appearances last term and could be available for a fee of around €15m.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says he won’t overpay to sign CSKA Moscow’s Keisuke Honda this summer.
The Rossoneri have already agreed to net the player in January on a Bosman once his contract expires, but they’ve offered the Russian club a nominal fee to net the midfielder immediately.
“The gift to the fans is Honda, it can only be Honda at this moment in time,” the official stated on Thursday. “The player wants Milan, but we can’t exaggerate as he will be a free agent in four months,” he continued.
“We’ll keep trying to sign him until we have to name our Champions League squad, then we’ll abandon the chase.
“We have made an offer and if they decrease their expectations then Honda will arrive at Milan. Let’s hope so…”
The transfer chief also confirmed reports that the Diavolo are close to taking full ownership of Kevin Constant from Genoa.
“We are looking to sign the second half of Constant’s contract in return for the full rights of Rodney Strasser.”
David Pizarro's agent reportedly held talks with Fiorentina on in an effort to get his client a new improved contract after the player initially expressed a desire to leave the club.
The Chilean international had expressed a desire to leave the Viola this summer, but he seems to have now changed his mind.
And with his current deal expiring in June 2014, the veteran playmaker may be ready to put pen to paper on new terms.
The South American only joined the Tuscan club last summer following a brief loan spell at Manchester City from Roma.
Pizarro, 33, scored three goals in 29 League games at the Stadio Franchi.
Reports in Italy suggest that Atalanta's Giacomo Bonavenura is set to stay put despite much speculation. The representative of the player has stated that there are no transfer negotiations going on.
The Italian international is reportedly being tracked by a number of top-flight clubs following his sensational 2012-13 campaign.
Speculation linked the player with a possible summer move, but his agent has today told TMW that the transfer waters are calm right now.
“There is nothing new to report at this moment,” Giocondo Martorelli commented. “Giacomo is just concentrating on Atalanta.”
Corriere dello Sport is suggesting that Inter head coach Walter Mazzarri is expecting to sign a new wing-back.
“It would be better if one arrived,” the former Napoli boss told the Corriere dello Sport.
“Everybody knows how important my wide players are to me in both phases of play – the defensive and the offensive.”
Some more news regarding Inter; the Milan-based outfit look set to miss out on the signing of Aleksandar Dragovic after Dymano Kiev swooped for the FC Basel player.
The 22-year-old had spoken of his desire to join the Nerazzurri, but it seems that he will be heading to the Ukraine instead.
Sky Sport Italia claim that Dynamo have agreed terms with his current Swiss club and the youngster himself.
A move was thought to be close to completion, but the Italian champions are now considering keeping the Chilean.
Juve and Inter have also been linked with Napoli’s Colombian international Juan Camilo Zuniga.
Adil Rami’s agent has admitted that there is interest from a number of Italian clubs for his client.
The Valencia defender has been heavily linked with a move away from the Mestalla this summer, with Roma reportedly registering their interest.
However, the 27-year-old’s representative has confirmed that two clubs are tracking the France international, but not the Giallorossi.
“There is no clause for Rami,” he told Radio Mana Sport. “But Valencia want to sell him for €12m – that’s how much they bought him for.
“In addition to Napoli there is another Italian club interested, but it’s not Roma.
“I haven’t spoken with them in two years.”
According to reports, Roma are nearing the signing of a new goalkeeper. Morgan De Sanctis has apparently touched down in Rome ahead of completing his transfer from Napoli to Roma.
The retired Italian international left the Azzurri’s training base at Dimaro this morning. He then caught a flight from Bolzano to Rome.
The 36-year-old will now undergo his medical before putting pen to paper on a contract with the Giallorossi.
De Sanctis will replace Maarten Stekelenburg in the capital goal after the latter was sold to Premier League side Fulham.
The former Pescara, Juventus and Udinese man has left the Azzurri after spending the last four years at the Stadio San Paolo.