The forward has made it clear he would like to move on from the Champions League holders so he can get more regular playing time.
He had been considered close to Napoli or Fiorentina, but agent Uli Ferber revealed there is another Serie A side in the race.
“Fiorentina are not the only club interested, as there are also Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Manchester City,” the representative told German newspaper Bild.
“When he returns from his vacation, we will evaluate the best solution for Mario.”
The report emerged on Sky Sport Italia that the Nerazzurri would sign 50 per cent of Belfodil’s contract in exchange for €10m plus the loans of Cassano and Matias Silvestre.
“I think there are still negotiations going on, so we’ll see if this matter is finalised. It’s clear that if we do sign Belfodil, it’s because we think he’s a strong player,” said Moratti.
“We are clearly planning for the future with players like Belfodil and Mauro Icardi, though they are already great now.
“Will Cassano go to Parma? We’ll see, we are completing this matter. Silvestre could also be involved, yes. It would help him to play consistently, but I don’t want to be drawn on the matter until it has been finalised.”
When asked whether these moves consolidated Moratti’s place at the helm, he reminded journalists that “I am the man responsible for Inter, so I try to do what is best for Inter. This is a sign of responsibility.”
Last week at an ultras event, the president declared their objective was to target the Scudetto this coming season.
“I don’t know if we’re ready, but I do see important reinforcements for the team. Will a big name arrive? Well, Belfodil is not a small name... Is he the new Karim Benzema? We hope so.”
Milan will reportedly turn to Alessandro Diamanti if Kevin-Prince Boateng is sold.
The Ghanaian midfielder has been linked with a move to French club Monaco in recent weeks, and respected journalist Gianluca Di Marzio believes that the Rossoneri may target the Bologna playmaker as his replacement.
Boateng is likely to leave for around €13m, and as such, Di Marzio is confident that the money will be directly reinvested into the purchase of the Italy international.
Diamanti enjoyed a hugely successful campaign in 2012/13, scoring seven and assisting 11 goals in 35 appearances.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani will be in Monaco on Tuesday to listen to an offer for Kevin-Prince Boateng, reports Sky Sport Italia.
Despite rumours suggesting that the French outfit were keen on either Robinho or Stephan El Shaarawy, it appears they have their sights set on the versatile midfielder.
Boateng has been linked with a summer exit after scoring two goals in 29 games for the Diavolo over the course of the last campaign.
The 26-year-old moved to San Siro in the summer of 2010 from Portsmouth, via Genoa.