Lowes was unable to get another stab at the top spot on the grid and has to contend with second behind current champ, MAHI Racing’s Kenan Sofuoglu who will start from pole position tomorrow.
None of the top ten riders were able to improve on their times that were set in the first qualifying practice session yesterday, as the wet and slippery conditions prevented many of the racers from knocking time off their laps this afternoon.
Lowes was the quickest rider in the final session, with a 1’38.865, with Rivamoto’s Jack Kennedy keeping up with the pace of the championship leader to clock the second fastest time in the rain. Lowes will be joined on the front row by his Russian team-mate, Vladimir Leonov who was the third fastest overall with his time he clocked 24 hours earlier of 1’38.691, three second off the pace of his English colleague.
Team Goeleven’s Andrea Antonelli, Suriano Racing’s Alex Baldolini and Pata Honda’s Michael Van der Mark make up the second row of the grid, with Dubliner Kennedy making up the start of row three with his best lap of 1’39.249.
DMC-Lorenzini rider Kev Coghlan ended the qualifying sessions with the tenth fastest time, meaning he will start on row four after his consistent performance in yesterdays outing. ParkinGO MV’s Christian Iddon will start tomorrow’s Supersport race from fourteenth on the grid, with wild card entry, PTR Honda’s Luke Mossey starting from the ninth row.
1. Kenan Sofuoglu (MAHI Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'38.088
2. Sam Lowes (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 1'38.240
3. Vladimir Leonov (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 1'38.691
4. Andrea Antonelli (Team Goeleven) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'38.792
5. Alex Baldolini (Suriano Racing Team) Suzuki GSX-R600 1'38.919
6. Michael Vd Mark (Pata Honda World Supersport) Honda CBR600RR 1'38.975
7. Jack Kennedy (Rivamoto) Honda CBR600RR 1'39.249
8. Fabien Foret (MAHI Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'39.295
9. Roberto Rolfo (ParkinGo MV Agusta Corse) MV Agusta F3 675 1'39.378
10. Kev Coghlan (Kawasaki DMC-Lorenzini Team) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'39.406
11. Massimo Roccoli (Team Pata by Martini) Yamaha YZF R6 1'39.424
12. Raffaele De Rosa (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 1'39.519
13. Florian Marino (Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'39.559
14. Christian Iddon (ParkinGo MV Agusta Corse) MV Agusta F3 675 1'39.618
15. Luca Scassa (Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'39.719
16. Fabio Menghi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 1'39.749
17. Lorenzo Zanetti (Pata Honda World Supersport) Honda CBR600RR 1'39.751
18. Mathew Scholtz (Suriano Racing Team) Suzuki GSX-R600 1'39.821
19. Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 1'40.057
20. Valentin Debise (Prorace) Honda CBR600RR 1'40.283
21. Imre Toth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 1'40.314
22. David Linortner (Team Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 1'40.978
23. Kenny Noyes (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 1'41.095
24. Nacho Calero Perez (Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 1'41.369
25. Luke Mossey (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 1'41.372
26. Sergei Krapukhin (RWT-ALPHA Sport) Yamaha YZF R6 1'41.998
27. Alexey Ivanov (Kawasaki DMC-Lorenzini Team) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'42.611
28. Matt Davies (Team Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 1'42.748
29. Eduard Blokhin (Rivamoto) Honda CBR600RR 1'43.858
30. Balazs Nemeth (Complus SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 1'46.405