The 23-year-old former Liverpool defender died earlier this week after losing a battle with cancer - and the Spanish national team reportedly asked for the chance to honour him before their Euro 2012 semi-final against Portugal on Wednesday night.
Uefa were then roundly criticised for allegedly rejecting the request but European football's governing body said they did nothing of the sort.
"Further to media reports of the alleged refusal to allow a minute of silence in memory of Spanish football player Miki Roque ahead of tonight's UEFA Euro 2012 semi-final between Spain and Portugal, UEFA would like to underline that it has not received any such request from the Spanish Football Federation," they said in a statement.
"Articles reporting its rejection by UEFA are therefore totally unfounded."
The Spanish media first reported the news of the alleged rejection of the minute's silence and football fans throughout the world took to Twitter to voice their disapproval with #OneMinuteForMiki and #UnMinutoParaMiki both quickly trending.
UEFA had allowed France to hold a minute's silence earlier in the tournament before their match with Sweden following the death of renowned French football journalist and commentator Thierry Roland.
Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta has already said Spain want to go on and win the tournament for Roque.
"When you talk about Miki, we will be thinking of him and his family during the match," he said in the build-up to the Portugal semi.
"They have suffered for his loss. If we reach the final, I hope we can dedicate it to him and I hope we can dedicate the trophy to him as well."