|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Li: "I am a better person this year, not a better player. I've got my housemates and coach and think we are going well (looks up at coach/husband)... not bad? My husband is critical of my game, which is what I need... (I'm not going to watch the Sharapova match tonight to see who I play next) - I think that's my husband's job!"
- - Match stats: (Li/Azarenka): 1st Serve % 69/75; Aces 1/3; Double Faults 2/4; Unforced Errors 23/17; Winners 27/12; Total Points Won 65/50.
- - Set stats: (Li/Azarenka): 1st Serve % 60/65; Aces 0/1; Double Faults 1/1; Unforced Errors 10/9; Winners 13/6; Total Points Won 32/24.
- - LI 6-3 6-3 AZARENKA - GAME, SET AND MATCH - Li somehow drifts a defensive volley far enough across court to force Azarenka into an error! A double fault and two match points are Li's... a shot into the net and Li does indeed go through to the last eight.
- - The 21-year-old Belarusian has famously struggled with heat on previous occasions - at this stage here against Serena Williams in 2009, for one. Weather in Melbourne
- - LI 6-3 5-3 AZARENKA - Clever serve-and-volleying from Li while Azarenka seems to have temporarily stopped screaming. No, she's started again... Li looks about to take the set but suffers a blip to allow Azarenka to take her to deuce. However the Chinese No.1 uses her weapons to win the game. Azarenka must serve to remain in the match.
- - LI 6-3 4-3 AZARENKA - The temperatures are in the thirties, unthinkable this time last week. Azarenka digs in, and comes in close, to hold despite dropping a pair of points. Could be a crucial game in this match.
- - LI 6-3 4-2 AZARENKA - Compared with the skewed ratio in the last set, both players have made six unforced errors to date in this set. Li goes on to hold to love and double her game advantage.
- - LI 6-3 3-2 AZARENKA - BREAK - Two break points for the 28-year-old from Wuhan - and a well wide forehand from her opponent seals an important break. Errors creeping back into the Minsk player's game.
- - LI 6-3 2-2 AZARENKA - Li has hit the skids while her opponent has sorted her game right out. The Chinese fights to save break point - but another follows as a second service just drifts wide. Big backhand following the return saves the day again... and two quality points from Li signals another mini-turnaround and a hold!
- - LI 6-3 1-2 AZARENKA - Azarenka ace to go 40-0 up and, with Li fending her off from way behind the baseline, she waits for the ball to drop before bending it on to the sideline for the game. "Come on!" she yells.
- - LI 6-3 1-1 AZARENKA - BREAK - Better direction on Victoria's shots again, timing it into the corner for a break back point... she gets the run of the netcord from deep, but Li is there to finish the point. However a long shot gives Azarenka another chance - and a mis-hit gifts her the break. Li is upset about something and gesturing at her coach in annoyed fashion...
- - LI 6-3 1-0 AZARENKA - BREAK - Azarenka throws away points to go 0-30 down but responds with a wicked forehand winner. A beautifully timed Li backhand gives her two break points and she makes use of the second, cracking the ball into the corner on the forehand.
- - Set stats: (Li/Azarenka): 1st Serve % 76/83; Aces 1/2; Double Faults 1/3; Unforced Errors 13/8; Winners 14/6; Total Points Won 34/26.
- - LI 6-3 AZARENKA - FIRST SET TO LI - Azarenka's gameplan falling apart, as shown when she squeals in frustration following a poor return. The crowd laughs it up!
- - LI 5-3 AZARENKA - A third double fault on 40-0 for Azarenka, but no worry for her as Li finds the net. The Belarusian reached the quarter-finals here last year, matching her best Slam showing, while Chinese Li's last-four appearance in 2010 stands alone as her best comparative effort.
- - Andrea Petkovic or Maria Sharapova awaits the victor in the last eight. Women's draw
- - LI 5-2 AZARENKA - Top shot-making from Li, who is the crowd's favourite due to her opponent's cries whenever she strikes the ball. She finds the corners with regularity now, cutting down on those errors.
- - LI 4-2 AZARENKA - BREAK - Li, who by comparison has made 11 unforced errors, converts one of her break points with an advance to half-court. She is now in control of the set.
- - LI 3-2 AZARENKA - Azarenka remarkably consistent with her strokes, given that she sends them down so powerfully. However that comes unstuck somewhat in this game, held to love by Li - her unforced error count increases from three to five.
- - LI 2-2 AZARENKA - Li responds to the world number nine's aggression with some of her own, but finds herself 40-15 down after hitting into the net. Azarenka serves an ace to seal the hold and level the scores.
- - LI 2-1 AZARENKA - World number 11 Li races 40-0 up, picking her forehands carefully, before double faulting. A long forehand from her is unsuccessfully challenged and a wild mis-hit takes the game to deuce! A few deuce points are played before Li saves a first break point in the game and closes out the hold.
- - LI 1-1 AZARENKA - BREAK - Attacking play from Li to bring the game to 30-30 - and some comic in the crowd begins to mimic the Belarusian's cry whenever she strikes the ball. t does not stop her taking game point - but she fails with a challenge following a Li in-call to go to deuce. A fantastic return up the line then cross-court drive sees the Chinese No.1 break back.
- - LI 0-1 AZARENKA - BREAK - Slow start from the Chinese, errors gifting Azarenka two break points. She saves the first with an excellent winner from deep and the second with an ace... good defence from Li, but her opponent is ferocious and turns that fire into a break.
- - They are finished warming up and will start shortly, with Li serving first.
- - The girls are courtside and putting out their things.
- - Or why not sign in/sign up to watch it on your computer using our online TV service? Eurosport Player
- - Next up on this Rod Laver Arena is the battle of the top-10 seeds: Li Na versus Victoria Azarenka. Watch live on Eurosport. TV guide
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|