|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Murray collects his second Queen's title, coming from a set behind to beat Tsonga, and serving out to love with an emphatic smash winner
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 5-4 40-0 - Tsonga leaps through the air for a forehand volley before Murray comes up with an unreturnable serve to earn himself three CHAMPIONSHIP points ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 5-4 - Tsonga posts a very comfortable service hold to force Murray to serve out the match, something he will attempt to do after the change of ends
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 5-3 - Murray cheekily seals a love service hold with a between the legs forehand drop shot winner across court! Tsonga can only smile wryly at that and he will have to serve to stay in the match next
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 4-3 - Tsonga does his bit to keep this final alive as he holds without any drama, finding an ace on game point to remain just the one break behind
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 4-2 - Murray races through a service hold to consolidate his break advantage in this final set, sealing the game with his 11th ace of the afternoon. Murray is potentially just two games away from his second Queen's title now
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 3-2 - BREAK - Tsonga guesses right, after Murray easily gets up to a drop shot, and volleys a forehand into the open court for a winner. But a rasping cross court forehand passing shot winner from Murray helps him go on and set up a break point, which he grabs when Tsonga sends a change-of-direction forehand just wide down the line
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 2-2 - Murray slaps his third double fault of the day, prompting someone in the crowd to audibly moan "oh, Andy"! Still he was already 40-0 up and he quickly makes amends by holding on the next point to level up once agian
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 1-2 - Tsonga does brilliantly well to save a break point with a great volley that Murray can only return into the net and the Frenchman eventually comes through another tough hold when Murray sends a forehand return of serve long
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 1-1 - A very good cross court backhand from Murray, that Tsonga can only return into the net, helps the Scot out of a potential spot of bother at 15-30 down. And he goes on to hold with an eighth ace and another huge serve that the Frenchman can only return long
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) 0-1 - Murray is furious with himself when he misses an inside out cross court forehand. He challenges even though he looks like he knows it's in vain. Sure enough the ball was just out and Tsonga eventually goes on to hold from deuce with some great skill, Murray tracking a lob back only to hit a tricky forehand into the net
- - MURRAY 3-6 7-6(2) - SET - Only the one is needed though as a great first serve out wide is returned wide from Tsonga and, after one hour and 41 minutes, this match heads into a decider
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 (6-2) - TIE-BREAK - Tsonga's off-forehand across court breaks down as he fires wide to allow Murray to further extend his lead. A forehand down the line then goes wide and long from the Frenchman and Murray has four set points ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6(4-2) - TIE-BREAK - Murray opens the breaker with an ace (much to the delight of the crowd) before Tsonga matches him with an ace of his own. Murray gets the mini-break when Tsonga hits wide down the line, only to relinquish his lead with a forehand long. The Scot takes the lead again with an off-forehand winner across court. And the Scot regains the mini-break lead just before the change of ends, when Tsonga dumps a backhand volley into the net
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-6 - Murray is left muttering away to himself as Tsonga once again finds a backhand volley with a dive (the Scot hits wide on the next shot). A between the legs shot from Murray goes on the net but Tsonga once again dives for a volley, this time forehand, to win the point! And the Frenchman goes on to hold, with an extraordinary forehand drop shot winner, and force the tie-break in this second set
- - MURRAY 3-6 6-5 - Murray is forced to save two break points, doing so with a couple of great serves that eventually draws an error from Tsonga. And he goes on to earn himself a game point with a forehand drive volley winner before a Tsonga forehand into the net allows the Scot to hold. Tsonga will have to serve to stay in the set for a second time
- - MURRAY 3-6 5-5 - A much more emphatic service hold for Tsonga this time around as he seals it to love with an ace right into the corner of the box. A tie-break is beckoning in this second set!
- - MURRAY 3-6 5-4 - Murray drops the first point of the game but storms back with four straight points to hold, following an ace down the centre of the court with a serve that Tsonga can only return into the bottom of the net. Tsonga will have to hold to stay in the set after the change of ends
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-4 - Tsonga squanders a game point with an off-forehand wide across court before another error hands Murray a third break point. A wide serve followed by a shoulder-height forehand volley winner saves it again for Tsonga before a super return from Murray sees the Frenchman hit into the net to gift Murray another chance. Murray dumps a forehand into the net to waste it yet again. And eventually Tsonga goes on to hold with a great first serve that Murray can only return long
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-3 (40-40) - A huge 139mph serve into Murray's body from Tsonga sees him get out of a spot of bother at 15-30 down, although Murray goes on to earn himself a break point with a backhand volley that Tsonga can only return long. Tsonga saves it with a mis-hit forehand volley winner across court (lucky) but Murray gets a second with a cross court forehand passing shot winner across court. Tsonga saves it again with a body serve that Murray cannot return ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 4-3 - Another very emphatic service hold from Murray as he edges towards the business end of this second set. A really important service game coming up for Tsonga next after the change of ends
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-3 - Both Murray and Tsonga are persisting with their tactic of the drop shot as the Frenchman holds once again, getting up to a backhand drop shot and finding a winner. Still no break point opportunities in this second set ...
- - MURRAY 3-6 3-2 - A double-handed backhand passing shot attempt from Tsonga ends up in the net as Murray races out to a 40-0 lead. Tsonga works his way back into the game with another smash winner and a point that Murray hits long. But the Scot holds when Tsonga sends a running forehand long down the line
- - MURRAY 3-6 2-2 - Tsonga's first double fault helps Murray get back into the game at 40-30 before a cracking point from both players eventually ends in a smash winner from the Frenchman, who holds to level up once more
- - MURRAY 3-6 2-1 - Tsonga completes mis-hits a forehand off the frame of his racquet, sees the ball catch the top of the tape and bounce over for a drop lucky shot. And yet Murray not only gets up to the ball but also dinks it back across court for a winner on his way to another hold
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-1 - A sliced backhand exchange right on to the baseline culminates in a cross court forehand stop volley from Tsonga that goes for a winner to seal a love hold
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-0 - Murray opens the second set with an ace down the centre of the court, much to the delight of the surprisingly quiet crowd, before going on to hold with a great first serve that Tsonga can only return just wide across court.
- - MURRAY 3-6 - SET - Murray makes a move with an inside out cross court forehand winner before going on to earn himself two break back point with a running foerhand passing shot winner across court. Tsonga saves the first with a blistrering cross court forehand winner of his own and the second with a huge second serve that Murray can only return wide before earning himself a set point when Murray again fails to return a serve in court. And Tsonga seals it when Murray hits a forehand into the net
- - MURRAY 3-5 - Murray does well to hold without any trouble and keep this first set alive. Tsonga looks like he's going to challenge Murray's ace on the final shot but either changes his mind or is denied the chance because he took too long (he waited for the ball to bounce back to him off the hoardings to see whether it had any chalk on it). So Murray holds but Tsonga will still have the chance to serve out this first set next
- - MURRAY 2-5 - Tsonga dives across court to hit a backhand volley winner mid-air before earning himself two game points when another volley, this time a forehand, catches the top of the tape and drops just over. The first goes begging with a huge off-forehand wide across court as does the second when Tsonga slices a poor backhand drop shot wide down the line. But the Frenchman goes on to earn himself another chance with a basketball-esque smash before holding with another smash winner
- - MURRAY 2-4 - BREAK - An inside out forehand across court from Tsonga prompts Murray to change his racquet. It doesn't do him too much good though as Tsonga rattles a backhand passing shot winner down the line to bring up three break points. Tsonga's backhand across court is called wide by the Frenchman is quick to challenge and sure enough the ball did catch the outside of the line to help the Frenchman does break
- - MURRAY 2-3 - Two more aces from Tsonga, as well as a huge serve straight down the centre of the court that Murray can only return long, helps the Frenchman sneak out in front once again. Murray managed just the one point in that game, when Tsonga came into the net only to dump a volley in to it
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Murray is definitely not moving as well as he did against Roddick a couple of days ago, although that's understandable as it's not as nice weather and he had yesterday just waiting around. The Scot hits a backhand approach shot wide across court, as Tsonga gets within a point at 40-30, before going on to hold with a forehand winner
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Tsonga gets away with a really edgy-looking volley as the ball hits the top of the net and just bounces over for a drop shot winner that saves a break point. And the Frenchman goes on to hold once again when Murray runs around the ball only to slice a forehand drop shot into the net
- - MURRAY 1-1 - A double fault from Murray early in the game threatens to derail his first service game as it allows Tsonga off the mark at 30-15. But the Scot recovers and goes on to hold without any more trouble
- - MURRAY 0-1 - A sliced ace down the centre of the court brings up three game points for Tsonga before Murray gets off the mark when the Frenchman dumps a backhand volley into the net. But Tsonga recovers and holds to 30 with another great serve
- - After a delayed entrance to the court, for no obvious reason, Tsonga has won the toss and opted to serve first. So it will be the Frenchman to get us underway then …
- - That said, way back in 2004, they met in a challenger event in Nottingham on the grass when a 19-year-old Tsonga beat a 17-year-old Murray in straight sets
- - On an actual tennis court, however, these two have faced each other five times before with Murray leading the head-to-heads by four wins to one. Only one of those meetings have been on grass though, at Wimbledon last year, and Murray won that in four sets - the first two of which were decided by tie-breaks
- - The duo played table tennis yesterday to try and kill some time whilst it rained and, unfortunately for Murray, Tsong aapparently won by two games to one!
- - Good news, folks. It's NOT raining at Queen's today! It's not exactly sunny but at least it is dry. We're set for a 12:30 start, in about 10 minutes time
- - Hello and welcome to the Queen's final between second seed Andy Murray and fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, albeit 24 hours behind schedule!
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|