No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 4-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH - That was incredibly impressive. The whole match of course but also that final game, serving out to love with an ace down the centre of the court for her first Grand Slam title aged 21
- - KVITOVA SERVES OUT THE MATCH AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT WITH HER FIRST ACE OF THE DAY
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 4-5 0-40 - Kvitova grabs the first point with a vicious forehand that Sharapova cannot return. And she grabs the second with another huge forehand that Sharapova returns into the net. And Kvitova earns herself THREE CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS with another body serve that Sharapova can only return into the net ...
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 4-5 - Sharapova holds to love, Kvitova pulling a forehand return of serve well wide across court, and it will be a real test for the Czech player now as she has to hold her nerve to serve out for the title
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 3-5 - Kvitova earns herself a game point with a great serve into the Sharapova body, the Russian can only return it long and when she slaps another forehand return long, Kvitova holds and leaves herself just one game away from the title. Sharapova will have to serve to stay in this match next ...
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 3-4 - BREAK - Kvitova is nowhere near as tight on her ground-strokes as she is on serve and earns herself two more break points when Sharapova fails to deal with a cross court forehand and hits into the net. The first goes begging when Kvitova nets a backhand but she sneaks ahead again when Sharapova hits a backhand long to concede her serve
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 3-3 - BREAK - Wow! A very good return of serve from Sharapova is simply swatted away by Kvitova off the backhand wing but she can’t keep it up and the Russian earns herself another break back point. It goes begging with a backhand wide down the line but Kvitova misses a sitter, firing a shorter forehand wide across court, and this time Sharapova does break with a huge forehand return of serve winner
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 2-3 - BREAK - Kvitova just gets the ball back deep waiting for the error from her opponent and it works as Sharapova eventually slaps a forehand long to be pegged back to deuce. Kvitova then goes on to earn a break point when Sharapova hits wide although she squanders it with a forehand into the net. Sharapova comes up with a great pick up off her shoelaces but it can't stop Kvitova setting up a second break chance and this time she gets it with a forehand winner
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 2-2 - BREAK - Sharapova ups her hitting almost imperceptibly and Kvitova hands the Russian a break back point with a forehand into the net. Sharapova is nothing if not a competitor though and she does secure the break back with a inch-perfect lob down the centre of the court, the ball landing right on the baseline
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 1-2 - Much better from Sharapova on serve as she holds to love to get off the mark in this second set, a solid first serve being returned into the net by Kvitova
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 0-2 - A couple of doubles from Kvitova don't help her cause although the Czech player does come up with a spectacular backhand drop shot, picking the ball up off her shoelaces on the baseline. The second double sees Sharapova level at deuce but two huge serves that the Russian cannot return helps Kvitova hold and consolidate the break
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 0-1 - BREAK - Another double fault from Sharapova, already her fifth, hands Kvitova another break point. And another stunning forehand winner down the line, the ball catching the very back of the line, does earn Kvitova the break. She is all over the Russian at the moment
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 - SET - Kvitova earns herself three more set points, this time on her own serve, after jamming Sharapova with a body serve. Only one is needed though as the Czech player takes the first set with another great serve that Sharapova can only return into the net
- - SHARAPOVA 3-5 - Sharapova had not dropped a set in these championships prior to the final today but she suddenly finds herself set point down when she hits another forehand into the net. She saves it with her first ace of the day and goes on to hold with some huge hitting that leaves Kvitova scampering around the baseline. The Czech player will have the chance to serve it out though
- - SHARAPOVA 2-5 - Kvitova is now just one game away from the first set as she holds to consolidate the break, firing down a smash winner after Sharapova had resorted to the left hand for a defensive forehand. And a forehand winner seals the hold for the Czech. The Russian will have to hold to keep this first set alive after the change of ends
- - SHARAPOVA 2-4 - BREAK - Some absolutely huge hitting from Kvitova has Sharapova struggling on the baseline and ends with the Czech player levelling at 30-30 with a forehand winner down the middle of the court. Sharapova hands Kvitova a break point with a double fault before conceding her serve with a second straight double. That's Sharapova's Achilles heel right there
- - SHARAPOVA 2-3 - Kvitova has settled well now as she holds to 30, perhaps getting a little lucky early on in the game when Sharapova dumps a backhand into the net despite having the open court to aim at. But Kvitova goes on to hold with a great first serve to sneak out in front once again
- - SHARAPOVA 2-2 - A double fault from Sharapova hands Kvitova a 15-30 lead against serve and she even has the chance to earn another break point with a backhand across court that only narrowly drifts wide. But Maria goes on to hold with a clenched fist and a yell of "come on" when a Kvitova forehand sails long
- - SHARAPOVA 1-2 - Kvitova gets herself out of a spot of bother at deuce with a huge cross court forehand that leaves even Sharapova failing and hitting into the net. And the Czech player goes on to hold by running round the ball and belting a ferocious forehand winner straight down the line
- - SHARAPOVA 1-1 - BREAK - An absolutely blistering forehand winner riffled down the line by Kvitova gets the game off to a great start for the Czech and she goes on to break back and get off the mark with another forehand that Sharapova can only return into the net
- - SHARAPOVA 1-0 - BREAK - The Russian's decision to receive first immediately pays dividends as she earns a break point with a huge forehand that Kvitova can only return short of the net. And Maria does break for the first game with a forehand winner
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Kvitova to get things underway by serving first after Sharapova won the toss and opted to receive first ...
- - It's a great day at Wimbledon today; sunny, warm, clear blue skies. In short, perfect tennis conditions!
- - The players are finally walking out on court after a really lengthy wait by the doors for the clock to tick over to 2pm. They came down from the locker room a little early there methinks!
- - These two have faced each other just the once before, in Memphis on the hard courts last year, with Sharapova winning that one in straight sets. But, although Kvitova reached the semi-finals at SW19 last year, the Czech player has improved immensely since then
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the women's Wimbledon final between former champion Maria Sharapova and Petra Kvitova
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|
|Date of Birth||08/03/1990|