No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SCHIAVONE 6-3 4-6 9-11 – Match point to Paszek and she finally takes the match as the Italian slices wide. That last set lasted over two hours.
- - SCHIAVONE 6-3 4-6 9-9 – BREAK! The Italian now breaks and has a chance to serve out for the set, but it’s a miserable attempt as she doesn’t even get a point on the board.
- - SCHIAVONE 6-3 4-6 8-8 – Schiavone is throwing it away. She goes two break points down, but saves both. A lovely backhand pass from Paszek sets up another, but again brave, aggressive hitting from Schiavone saves the day. Another chance and again the chance goes begging. Schiavone finally gets the hold.
- - SCHIAVONE 6-3 4-6 8-7 – BREAK! This match is truly going all the way. In fact it’s already reached all the way and going beyond that, but as I type Schiavone grabs the crucial break in the fifteenth game of the set.
- - SCHIAVONE 6-3 4-6 3-4 – BREAK! Paszek bravely saves a series of break back points, but Schiavone’s like a dog with a bone and she won’t give in and eventually does grab that break back.
- - SCHIAVONE 6-3 4-6 2-4 – BREAK! This third round game restarts after the rain of yesterday at a set apiece and on serve. After an absolute marathon of an opening game Pascek does finally get the break. This could be over very quickly.
|Date of Birth||23/06/1980|
|Date of Birth||06/12/1990|