No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Djokovic 4-6 0-3 Retired - And Djokovic retires in the break. A sad ending to the match, but it wasn't much of a contest anyway. This arm injury will be a worry for Djokovic and his camp, with the US Open starting in little over a week.
- - Djokovic 4-6 0-3 - BREAK! The crowd are very subdued and so are the players really. It seems that both seem to know that Murray will win this and are just playing it out. A little spark of something from Djokovic though; he hits a forehand winner down the line, but Murray gets back to deuce. Djokovic misses the easiest smash ever and follows it with a woeful backhand. Double break for Murray.
- - Djokovic 4-6 0-2 - Murray brings Djokovic to the net with a dropshot. The Serb gets there, but can't do anything with it. Another easy pass for Murray and another ace from the Scot and he takes the game to love.
- - Djokovic 4-6 0-1 - BREAK! Djokovic looks absolutely knackered out there. He's not moving his feet properly and Murray is taking full advantage. An early and very easy break for Murray to 15.
- - Djokovic 4-6 - Djokovic calls on the trainer as he seems to be struggling with a shoulder injury.
- - Djokovic 4-6 - Djokovic times it all wrong and Murray races to a 30-0 lead. Another big serve and it's three set points…Djokovic saves one as Murray fails with his favourite 'hot dog' shot…he saves another as he lobs Murray and it touches the line. Just stunning. He can't save the last though and Murray takes the opening set.
- - Djokovic 4-5 - Murray chases down an overhead volley and puts it past Djokovic down the line for 0-30. Djokovic fights back and an astonishingly powerful forehand draws him level. Djokovic batters the ball continuously into the same corner and Murray can't cope. A short return and Djokovic puts it away to make the Scot serve for the set.
- - Djokovic 3-5 - A failed dropshot from Djokovic, but an error from Murray and it's 15-15. A big serve out wide puts the Scot up and a long forehand from the Serb and Murray can push even further ahead here…a lazy swing from Djokovic and Murray is one game from the set.
- - Djokovic 3-4 - BREAK! Djokovic has won 11% of the points on his second serve so far as he drops yet another to give Murray two break points. The first is wasted by Murray as he slices into the net. A ludicrous rally - it must have been about 50 strokes - ends with Murray easily passing Djokovic at the net to get the break. That was amazing from both.
- - Djokovic 3-3 - BREAK! Murray goes for way too much and hits a forehand well wide when going for the line.
- - Djokovic 2-3 - Murray's matching Djokovic for power as both players stick rigidly to the back of the court. Djokovic gets to a ball that no player should be able to reach and sends it back with interest too. Murray nets the backhand and there's a glimpse of a break here…his first break point comes as Murray hits long…too much power in the serve. Great play from Murray, he takes advantage of the short ball and smashes it home…
- - Djokovic 2-3 - Djokovic is staying on the Scot's tail though. Brutal hitting from the back of the court puts him up 30-0, but Murray replies with a trademark backhand down the line winner. An even better winner this time as he slaps a forehand crosscourt winner. Djokovic gets Murray running left and right ever wider, and it proves too much for the Scot as Djokovic takes the game.
- - Djokovic 1-3 - Murray is just making sure he gets the ball back into play because right now he knows that Djokovic will just make the error. Four of them in that game and Murray wins to love.
- - Djokovic 1-2- And another off his usually trusty backhand…now off his forehand. At last a point for the Serb as Murray fails to return a first serve. Another break point for Murray as Djokovic hits a backhand wide…a big serve rescues the point. More like it from Djokovic as he starts to find his range and power.
- - Djokovic 0-2- It's Murray's turn to hit a forehand into the net. A good first serve from the Scot brings the game level. Complete lack of intensity from Djokovic here. Murray's won eight of the first 10 points and every single one has been an unforced error.
-- - Djokovic 0-1 - BREAK! It'll be Djokovic to serve in the opening game of the match. The Serb hits a backhand down the line just long. A long rally ends with another unforced error from the world number one. Yet another, this time into the net and it's two early break points for Murray...and another error and Murray gets the break with ease.
- - Djokovic's year to date: 53 wins, 1 defeat. He is truly dominating the men's game right now.
- - Djokovic holds a 6-3 winning record over Murray, with the Serbian victorious in their last two matches.
- - Hello and welcome to Eurosport UK's live game-by-game coverage of the ATP Cincinnati Masters final between world number one Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray!
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|