|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-0 - SET! No points dropped as the Scot takes the title in Bangkok! It's been a chastening experience for Young, thumped in 48 minutes in his first final, but he'll still reflect on a good week. Perfect preparation for Murray, though, as he readies himself for a series of tournaments in Asia.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-0 - BREAK! The misery continues, but not for much longer. He forces Young into an error to give him three break points, then beats him with a backhand pass to wrap it up. Make that 20 points to three in the second set - and Young's first final is nearly over.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-0 - The procession continues. Young struggling to get anywhere near the top seed on serve, and the Scot doesn't drop a point. He's won 16 points to 3 in the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! The Scot is refusing to give Young any free points, but when the American fires, it looks great. He's winning some of the longer rallies which Murray has dominated all week in his other matches. But another backhand error lets Murray in at 15-40, and a stunning backhand down the line measured at 132kmh seals the double-break.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-0 - Donald is a man on the up - first career final, could break into the top 50 in the new rankings on Monday - but as Murray races to the first three points you sense he's met his match. He fires off two winners to give himself half a chance, but Murray shuts the door on him.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Oh dear - that was a disastrous game for Young, who needed to get a foothold in the second set. He sends down a selection of errors and Murray takes full advantage - break to love. That could be the match right there.
- - MURRAY 6-2 - SET! Easy as you like - Murray in a hurry here, smashing away the first of his three set points and wrapping things up in just 29 minutes of play. Can Young mount a challenge in the second?
- - MURRAY 5-2 - A good hold from Young, with Murray picking up his only point of the game when the American fails to flick a volley crosscourt and finds the net. Hold to fifteen for Young, sealed when Murray's drop shot is picked off.
- - MURRAY 5-1 - There are occasional signs of Young's capabilities - a forehand winner from almost nowhere within the rally serves notice of that - but they're not coming often enough. Murray holds to thirty, hitting deep and drawing the error from Young, and he is now just a game away from the first set.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - A desperately-needed hold of serve from Young. The American was untroubled in that one, and there are signs in the last two games that he's starting to come to terms with his opponent. But he's still two breaks down in this set.
- - MURRAY 4-0 - No let-up from Murray - Young is trying to get forward but although he is succeeding here and there, Murray is picking him off more often than not. Uncharacteristic miss with a forehand volley lets Young back to 30-30, and Young goes on to force deuce. Murray gathers himself and closes out the game.
- - MURRAY 3-0 - BREAK! A boost for Young as he challenges speculatively, only for his ball to be shown to have caught the outside of the line. But he's not settling into his first ATP tour final - Murray isn't letting him. Break point comes up again, and Murray takes it again, with a superb running backhand pass.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - Excellent first service game from Murray - up to 40-0 in a flash with two acesalong the way. He almost beats the aggressive Young with a lob from deep, but it's just a touch long. It makes no odds - he wraps up the next game with a vicious backhand winner.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - BREAK! A nervous start from Young, who is a huge underdog here - he loses the first two points sloppily before handing a reminder of what he can do with a confident move to the net and smashed putaway. The break points come, though, and Murray takes the first of them when the American puts a forehand wide.
- - A final sip of drink and the players will be ready to go - an enthusiastic crowd in Thailand for this one.
- - Today's umpire is Mohamed Lahyani.
- - HEAD TO HEAD: The pair have met twice this year - the wins were shared. Young took advantage of Murray in poor form to beat him at Indian Wells, while Murray got his revenge later in the year at the US Open.
- - The players are coming out on court - Murray arrives second to generous applause from the Thai crowd.
- - Murray and Young both had three-set tussles to reach the final in yesterday's action - full report on Murray v Simon and Young v Monfils here
- - The story of how they got here - check out the drawsheet for the tournament
- - Follow LIVE text coverage as Andy Murray goes for glory in the final of the Thailand Open final against Donald Young in Bangkok.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||23/07/1989|