|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - As we said earlier, Nole has his Serb pal Troicki up next. Good luck Vik. Paris drawsheet.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-3 GAME SET AND MATCH! Poor Dodig has never really had a prayer on Djoko's serve but he manages to earn a point as the Serb unusually cracks on a baseline rally. But he loses a tentative rally with Nole crushing a forehand winner, his 13th today, down the line and two match points... But long with the open forehand, a classic Nole play, and its 40-30. The second match point is gobbled up with an ace though. Nole is through.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 5-3 Dodig brings out his a-game in an attempt to extend his stay in Paris, a love hold rounded off with an ace as he hits the lines in a manner similar to Nole, who he makes serve for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 5-2 Dodig is all over the shop now as he skews one wildly wide. Now a nice rally that Dodig almost wins with a spinning drop across the net but it keeps floating and lands just wide. Unfortunate. A love hold as Dodig pumps one wide. The Croat to serve to stay in the tournament.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-2 BREAK! Break point Djokovic now as, with all that sneaker-related nonense, Dodig looks distracted, pumping long under no pressure. Ballsy second serve though, Djokovic only able to return well long. Brilliant winner from Nole follows though, under real pressure on the run from a succession of what should have been winners as he pings it wide of Dodig. Another break point that is taken as Nole finishes a long rally with a sweeping forehand into the corner.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-2 Bit of nonsense as Dodig needs a shoe-change. Waiting for someone to bring the right size out... He makes a bit of a mess of his service game, which he is forced to resume despite not having the right footwear. On deuce, they find some shoes for him. Drama. He'll have to wait - but it may be too late!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-2 This is moving towards a running game now as both men glide around the baseline as they trade points off Nole's serve. Nole goes on to hold though as the second set sticks with serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-2 Double-handed forehand winner from Nole to bring up a break point. He should take it but, after bossing the rally, clips an attempted drop wide. Poor. Deuce. Nole then misses a volley, going long when he should have put it down, and it's advantage Dodig... Not taken, as Nole gets his angles right with a two-hander down the line. Oh but Dodig with a super pass after Nole pinged away a succession of close-range volleys. And he holds as Nole goes long on the next rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-1 A really interesting scooping, dipping forehand winner lands just out from Dodig. That looked close. Nole bosses the points that follow, including one winner that Dodig somehow reaches but only puts high and wide. Hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-1 A similar rally is won by Dodig as Nole's drop shot gives him enough time to get across for the winner. Dodig nets though and it's 30-30. The Croat has to battle hard for the next point, taking a break to mop his brow afterwards. He thinks he has held with a serve volley but Nole plops one off the line and away. Deuce. Great winner. ACE! Clap clap. And Dodig holds as Nole nets a running forehand.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-0 Great start to the set for Dodig, who zips into a 30-0 lead but Nole whips out a nice serve to pull one back. Djokovic busts him back to 40-30 but an error and it's deuce. He holds after a super rally, what a point! Through the legs, lobs, backhand volleys all kinds of stuff. Djokovic and Dodig shake hands afterwards. He thought the lob had done enough but Nole played it through his legs, forcing Dodig to net. Bravo. Hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 SET! A great point to put Nole 30-0 up against serve as Dodig flies around the court, meeting everything with interest until Nole glides one across the net, forcing the Croat to dive in, netting his backhand. Now three set points after a furious return, with Djokovic breaking to love and taking the set thanks to an unforced error, Dodig skewing it wide from deep.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 Oooh a lovely winner from Nole as he finally starts taking risks, I'm sure warmed up nicely now as he approaches the net and reads Dodig's forehand drive with a cute volley. He needed to do that - it was 30-30. Nole holds as Dodig pings one into the net after cracking first at a rally.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 With Nole on break point Dodig responds with a mighty serve, and two more to hold. Some great serving to get out of a pickle.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 An official review on a Nole shot that was called in... It was in. Nole moves 40-30 up but Dodig then does brilliantly with a set of volleys and, with Nole poised to fire a winner, he backhands wide. A chuckle from him. Holds anyway with the next serve-winner combo.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 They are rifling through their service games, as the first set looks worryingly like it's headed for a tiebreak. Nole not keen to over-exert himself.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 While Nole isn't risking much against serve, he is fit and cool enough to pull out unreachable first serves of his own as he holds to love in no time at all, with a second serve too as Dodig spins a return off court.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 A good challenge from Dodig, that shot was in and it's 15-15. A solid hold from the Croat. Djokovic unable to really test his serve.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 Classic precision hitting from the Serb, anticipating the corner shot and zipping the forehand off the line. He does that all day. Straightforward hold for Nole.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 At 30-15 up, Dodig hits long after a battling rally but challenges the Djokovic stroke before it... and it was long. Dodig, trying to be aggressive, overcooks it and nets. That was a chance. 40-30. he holds though, needed that to start with.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 As easy an opening hold as you could hope for as Novak earns a million quid to love. That worked out at about half a mill per minute, a quarter per point. Riche.
- - So if Nole wins this he gets £1million plus £13k; if Dodig wins this he gets £13k. Nice bonus Nole!
- - HEAD TO HEAD: These lads have played twice with Nole winning both. Famously though Dodig took a set off Nole in the Aussie Open this year, on a tiebreak, before collapsing. It was 7-5 6-7(8) 6-0 6-2.
- - So world number one Nole is up against Dodig, who is ranked 39th in the world. Nole has been injured recently, his miracle run this season followed by the inevitable physical crash. He shouldn't really be playing here given his state but he would be £1m out if he doesn't. Find out why here!
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||02/01/1985|