|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Deary me, Nole fell to pieces but that was one of Tipsy's better matches in his career. He's out anyway, and Nole well could be, depending on whether Ferrer maims Berdych or not.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-6 MATCH! Nole serving to stay in the match and, possibly, the tournament. But he falls apart completely as Tipsy gains three match points, is he really going to break him to love? No, the next return is long. ACE. Just the one match point. Silly challenge from Tipsy, playing mind-games now as it was a yard in. But Nole with an unforced error on the next point, into the net, and Tipsy has beaten him!
- - DJOKOVIC 3-5 Crunch time for Nole but, after bossing a rally, he goes long to fall 30-0 behind. He challenges but it was a few inches long, Tipsy even left it. Nole pulls one back with a double-hander, but it only delays a hold to 15 as he returns long. Tipsy a game away from his first pro win against a tired Nole.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-4 A straightforward hold for Nole but can he summon the energy to break back? Ball change now.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-4 Nole is convinced his winner was in, it wasn't. 30-0 and Tipsy holds to 15 with relative ease.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 A solid hold for Nole but he's still lagging behind. He seems knackered again, having been superb early in the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-3 Tipsarevic holds to 15 as Nole returns his second serve long. The world number one could be on his way out at his friend's doing!
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 Nole stops the rot with a love hold, Tipsy unable to get any returns of note in. Good response.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-2 Tipsy is made to work for his hold but he does so brilliantly with an exceptional forehand winner down the line, a crisp pass as he was falling backwards to meet Nole's deep shot.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 BREAK! Good start to the final set from Tipsy as his return is too much for Nole, who brings out a good serve to level. But Tipsy is on fire now and has break point with a cracking return off second serve! First serve flops, and the second sees Tipsy control the point before passing a clipped, deft volley across the net and beyond Nole! Break!
- - The permutations are confusing, by the way - we have to wait until tonight's match to know if Nole qualifies or not, win or lose.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-6 SET! Strong first serve, Nole's return well wide, then a cool rally from Tipsy as Nole dives into the corner in vain. Three set points now as Tipsy finds his A-game when it counts - not taken as an aggro Nole goes to net and forced Tipsy to backhand wide of both him and the line; two remain, and they go Tipsy's way as Nole returns a yard long! Three setter!
- - Well, even Nole has nerves it seems and now Tipsy is serving for the second set. He's used to this - the three matches he has played against Nole have all seen him take at least one set (before losing).
- - DJOKOVIC 3-5 BREAK! Nole moves 30-0 up but Tipsy levels by asking his pal to volley, not always his best shot. And another break point as Nole pumps it wide - he challenges... fail. A few inches wide. Nole's first serve is into the net, the second draws a rally with Tipsy very deep and he spins it wide to deuce, dumping his racquet in frustration. Gah. But a double fault, Nole's first, and it's break point again... First serve is wide, then a rally from deep and Nole goes long! Break again!
- - DJOKOVIC 3-4 BREAK BACK! Nole takes the first point against Tipsy's serve as he fluffs his volley at the net. And the next, is Tipsy cracking? Nole then nets, 15-30, an unforced error on his forehand. And Tipsy levels as he serves to the backhand. But break point as Tipsy goes long with an ambitious backhand to the baseline... and Nole breaks back as Tipsy nets with what should have been a backhand winner after Nole battled to meet his smash.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-4 BREAK! Tipsarevic finally gets some joy on Nole's serve, putting in some great returns and controlling the next rally to move 40-15 up as Djokovic goes long! Two break points! His first today... Taken, as Nole goes short with the sliced drop shot! So advantage Tipsy and the crowd is certainly pleased - they want three sets.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 Somehow Nole makes Tipsy's forehand winner into the corner, and lobs him too. Classy. He goes long next though and says something rude to himself in Serbian. They end up on deuce as Tipsy goes long at game point. A superb rally from both men wows the crowd, with Nole amost winning it but for his lob dropping an inch long. Good serve to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 A strong serve with a great deal of kick gives Nole another hold without resorting to deuce.
- - I can't believe some of you are claiming Tipsy should not have been here and that Sodering or world number 24 Verdasco should be. Qualification is solely arranged by ranking, not by who your favourite Former World Number Five is. And Tipsy is world number nine so, after Murray withdrew injured, he came in. Look at the ATP rankings.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 Another great pass from Nole but Tipsy has game point, only to lose it when Nole spins a super pass that Tipsy meets but only to lay up a smash. Deuce. Tipsy does hold though, quicker than last time.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 Great point that Nole wins as he drops his backhand pass just short of a diving Tipsy. Holding with a serve off the line.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 Tipsarevic blows another advantage but this time he nets from a winning position. Nole actually wins the next one, as opposed to Tipsy losing it. Still deuce though. Oh I can't take this any more - after a strong serve gives him advantage, and while dominating the rally, Tipsy follows up a good forehand - that Nole barely makes - with a shocking mis-hit wide. Another game point now as Nole can't return, and finally it's taken with a cool pass, the point of the match at the net.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-0 Tipsy kicks off the second set with a couple of unforced errors, going long both times, but some strong serves follow with Nole netting. Tipsy has a chance to hold with a strong pass with Nole stranded but he seems to panic, growling as he nets for deuce. Poor. He drops another game point by, yup, going long. This is a drawn-out service game from Tipsy, who is unable to make two consecutive winning shots.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 SET! It was only delaying the inevitable as Nole somehow meets what would normally have been a winning pass, readjusting to a defensive start before Tipsy goes long. And a lovely love hold to take the set with a crisp pass across court.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 When it matters Tipsy decides to come to net aggressively and forces Nole to hit the stringy stuff. And a mistake from Nole as he backhand slices into the net sees Tipsy save those set points to hold. Nole still serving for the set though.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 Tipsarevic is serving to stay in the first set, winning the first point but overdoing it from deep again, long. And a vicious groundstroke from Nole, only he knows how he generated such power on a soft ball, sees Tipsy stunned at the net, the ball spinning off him. And an error from Tipsy gives Nole two set points... He loses the first one as Tipsy's serve is too good. The crowd roaring on the trendier Serb, who levels as Nole nets his return.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 Tipsarevic battles well enough but he needs to be more aggressive at the net if he's going to upset Nole on this surface. A mistake from the world no. 1 though as he backhands weakly to the net, 30-30. He flicks one up the line though and Tipsy, stuck at the baseline, cannot reach it. And Nole aces to hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 Glorious drop shot from Nole to level at 15-15 on the Tipsy serve. Some great, pounding baseline shots from both Serbs in that rally. And another fierce winner from Nole after Tipsy thought he'd smashed the volley away, great reactions to slice a two-handed backhand away. Dissapointingly he nets his next forehand though, 30-30. Tipsarevic pulls out some top first serves though and holds.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 Tipsarevic plays the ball at the baseline before immediately challenging - but it was in. Foolish challenge as he'd made the next shot. 30-0. Nole is finding the lines for fun now as he skews a lovely angled forehand off the white and away. And a love hold as he sinks a glorious pass off the baseline. Tipsy challenges again and he may well lose his set's allocation... yup, in again, 4-1.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 BREAK! Wonderful winner from Nole, savage power and pace on that as he smacks it wide of Tipsy for 15-30. But the next point sees Tipsy draw Nole to net before clipping a pass away. Tipsy nets at the next rally though, Nole finding real speed on his groundstrokes now, and it's break point... Taken as Tipsy spins a poor backhand well wide.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 A straightforward hold for Nole, who seems a touch sprightlier than he was against Ferrer and indeed over the past few months.
- - FACT - The Nietzsche-reading Tipsarevic is such a big fan of Russian writer Dostoevsky that he has a quote from one of his books tattooed on his arm. Eat that, Joey Barton.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 Tipsarevic's first service game opens with a baseline rally that the black-clad server wins with a nice open forehand. Next return is wide from Nole, but he pulls one back with a tasty pass. Game point now for Tipsy but a double-fault makes it 40-30. On second serve now a cagey rally sees Tipsarevic pump one long after a devillish slice from Nole. Deuce. A more aggressive rally follows that Tipsy wins as Nole nets. Error. And another mistake from Nole, Tipsy holds.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 Nole serves first. The first point is an easy one as Tipsy can't return, but the next sees the sunglasses-wearing Serb push his pal around a bit before smashing a volley away to level. Nice crosscourt winner from Nole as he opens up his forehand. Nole holds to 30 in the end as Tipsy pumps a forehand log.
14:05 - After a spell of hitting together on court - as these friends are known to do in private - they shed the training gear and play will start soon.
14:00 - HEAD TO HEAD: Nole has won all three of their encounters, but each time Tipsy has taken a set off him and their last clash - at the US Open this year - saw the lower-ranked man do really well before suffering an injury and withdrawing.
13.55 - Just as a reminder, Djokovic was surprisingly defeated 6-3 6-1 by David Ferrer in his last outing, having defeated Tomas Berdych in his opening contest. Today is intriguingly poised as Djokovic could qualify with a defeat, or indeed be knocked out despite winning, depending on the result of the contest between Ferrer and Berdych later. Djokovic: Ferrer loss 'my worst match of the year'
13.50 - Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the ATP World Tour Finals match between world number one Novak Djokovic and Janko Tipsarevic, who is in the competition due to Andy Murray's withdrawal with an injury.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|