No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Goerges 3-6 6-3 6-1 – And Goerges in the end runs through a comfortable third set to take the match. She’ll play the number 8 seed Agnieszka Radwanska in the fourth round, who has also just finished her match, winning in straight sets against Galina Voskoboeva.
- - Goerges 3-6 6-3 – SET! The German takes the set by breaking the Italian’s serve, who went for a very optimistic drop shot when at the back of the court and 15-40 down. The match swings in favour of the seeded player, particularly with Oprandi’s injury concerns.
- - Goerges 3-6 5-3 – It’s been an absolute marathon of a game in this eighth game of the second set. Goerges prevents the break with a brilliant forehand into the corner with Oprandi pushing the German hard. She finally holds though and moves to within a game of drawing level in sets.
- - Goerges 3-6 4-3 – BREAK! Goerges gets her first break of the match and Oprandi immediately calls the trainer. She’s already got heavy strapping to both legs and she’s receiving attention to the same area now.
- - Goerges 3-6 1-2 – The German battles back and creates her first break point of the match. But she doesn’t take it and after a series of deuces Oprandi again holds.
- - Goerges 3-6 – SET! Oprandi takes the first set as she break the Goerges serve for the second time. The German’s been pretty poor so far.
- - Goerges 3-4 – Goerges is again struggling on her serve as she is forced to deuce. The German does really well to get to the net and flip the ball away from Oprandi and down the line for the winner though and she does eventually take the game.
- - Goerges 2-4 – Gorges is frustrated by her inability to get the break back. She should really win this match against the unfancied Italian, but she hasn’t started well.
|Date of Birth||29/03/1986|
|Date of Birth||02/11/1988|