|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SHARAPOVA 6-0 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Sharapova seals it, despite a missed drive volley midway through the game, and the number four seed eases into the third round of the 2012 Australian Open! There, she'll meet Angelique Kerber or Stéphanie Dubois. Full women's draw
- - SHARAPOVA 6-0 5-1 - Sharapova breaks and then holds again as the Russian moves inexorably towards the third round. This one's going to be over soon.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-0 2-1 - It's won't be a double bagel as Hampton shows what she's capable of with a nice little drop shot before she sends Sharapova out wide with a second serve and then sends her the wrong way on game point! Great stuff! Meanwhile, Sharapova's grunts are reaching a healthy 91.5 decibels.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-0 1-0 - BREAK - Sharapova has never managed a double bagel at Melbourne Park... she's on course to break that duck here today as she breaks once again. Hampton's being blown out of the water.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-0 - SET - It's a bagel for Hampton's breakfast, but not one she's going to enjoy. Sharapova looks awesome today and she wastes no time in taking the first set. And so far, there's no sign of that ankle injury that forced her withdrawal from Brisbane earlier this month.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-0 - BREAK - Sharapova displays all her power and precision in a blistering forehand return at 15-15 before a backhand nets the same result a point later. Pretty awesome stuff from the Russian at the moment. Kim, Caro, Petra, Vika and Serena take note...
- - SHARAPOVA 4-0 - Sharapova only lost one game in her opener against Gisela Dulko - and even that one was rather thrown away - and she could be heading down the same route today. Another hold and she's already four up.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-0 - BREAK - Sharapova's seeing the ball well today - she challenges a second call this match and she's right for a second time. She's also hitting beautifully and after three deuces, the former world number one breaks again.
- - SHARAPOVA 1-0 - Hampton shows no obvious signs of nerves as she kicks off with an ace. A lengthy game ensues as the American pretty much matches Sharapova, but she's still broken in her first service game. Decent start though from the qualifier, who is playing in the second round of a Grand Slam for the first time.
- - SHARAPOVA 0-0 - Jamie Hampton, the world number 144, will serve first against Sharapova on centre. The 22-year-old American has it all to do today.
|Date of Birth||08/01/1990|
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|