No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Phew! That was incredibly hard work for Hantuchova, whose reward is a third-round clash with defending champion and long-time rival Kim Clijsters! They faced each other in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago with Clijsters having to pull out with a hip injury whilst leading by a set
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 6-4 6-3 – GAME, SET & MATCH - A delicate, inch-perfect backhand drop shot winner earns Hantuchova a second match point and this time she gets it with a backhand drop shot and passing shot winner combo!
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 6-4 5-3 40-40 - Hantuchova finds herself two break points down after hitting a change-of-direction backhand into the net. She saves the first when Tsurenko hits into the net and the second with a cracking first serve that the Ukrainian cannot return in play. And finally, the Slovak earns herself a first match point with a solid rally that ends with a Tsurenko forehand into the net. Tsurenko denies her though with a shoulder-height forehand volley winner ...
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 6-4 5-3 – Hantuchova is going to have to hold her nerve and serve this one out as Tsurenko does her bit and holds. Based on the Slovak’s serving performance so far today, this match might not be over just yet!
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 6-4 5-2 – Hantuchova gets a little lucky in guessing the right direction as Tsurenko has huge amounts of time on a looping, defensive forehand from the Slovak only to hit it right at her opponent, who drills a forehand passing shot winner across court. That point should have given the Ukrainian break back point but instead Hantuchova has a game point and Tsurenko goes on to hit an off-forehand wide across court and finally, finally leave Hantuchova potentially just one game from t
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 6-4 3-1 – BREAK – Hantuchova is finally beginning to get ahead as she breaks for the lead in the third and final set. Tsurenko saves a first break point with a cross court smash after pushing Hantuchova wide down the line, but she can do nothing about the second and all the Slovak needs to do now is hold serve. That’s been a major problem for her so far today though
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 6-4 - SET - Hantuchova is clinging on to this match now, sealing the second set at the first attempt by breaking Tsurenko’s serve. If she can find some rhythm on her own serve, this match seems to be her match to win but right now she is being let down by that area of her game. Tsurenko is taking some timeout at the end of the second set to apply some tape to blisters on her racquet hand
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 5-4 – BREAK– Tsurenko denies Hantuchova on a first set point with a neat backhand stop volley winner and even earns herself a couple of break break points, squandering the first with a forehand long and the second by hitting into the net. But she denies the Slovak on a second set point with a forehand drop shot winner and finally grabs the break back at the third attempt. We’re back on serve in the second set, albeit with Tsurenko serving to stay in it after the change of ends
- - HANTUCHOVA 4-6 - SET - Just when it looked as though Hantuchova was beginning to find a spot of form in her opening round match, she has gone and dropped serve again, and although she saved a first set point with an inch-perfect backhand winner down the line, Tsurenko has snatched the set with the Slovak hitting her return into the net. A potential spot of bother for the 20th seed
- - HANTUCOHVA 4-3 - Finally a hold of serve out on Margaret Court with Hantuchova to take the lead for the first time when Tsurenko goes for just too much on a backhand down the line and ends up hitting long
- - HANTUCHOVA 3-3 - BREAK - An inch-perfect lob winner, followed by a cracking off-forehand across court that Tsurenko can only return into the net, see Hantuchova break back once again. There are signs now that the 20th seed is beginning to find her rhythm on the ground-strokes, can she discover it on serve as well?
- - HANTUCHOVA 2-3 - BREAK - Neither Hantuchova nor Tsurenko are yet to hold serve out on Margaret Court Arena. Conditions are pretty blustery today, cloudy and overcast but still fairly warm, but neither player seems to have found their rhythm yet, with Hantuchova hitting into the net to concede her third service game
- - HANTUCHOVA 1-1 - BREAK - Slovakian 20th seed Hantuchova is also back on track with an immediate break back in the second game, a forehand winner doing the damage to level up
- - HANTUCHOVA 0-1 - BREAK - A slow start from Hantuchova, who was runner-up in Brisbane to Kaia Kanepi two weeks ago, has resulted in Ukrainian Tsurenko grabbing an early break in the very first game out on Margaret Court Arena
|Date of Birth||30/05/1989|
|Date of Birth||23/04/1983|