|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 6-2 – MATCH! Kuznetsova loses the first point and changes her racket. An inviting second serve is put into the net by Lisicki, then she hits a wild forehand well wide. A bullet up the line from the Russian, but Lisicki draws back level after such a tentative serve from Kuznetsova. After threatening to come back she’s rather collapsed again and it’s match point number four for the German...it’s taken as she hits the winner up the line!
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 5-2 – BREAK! Not a great start from the German. She hits an unforced error then follows it with a double fault...too good from Lisicki, she reels off three points, the third a winner up the line. A single match point...Kuznetsova battles well and her opponent nets for deuce. A slider out wide and another chance...and it’s gone again. Another...and again not taken! Though this time it was a wonderful little dink across the net. That was a choke from the German as she's broken...
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 5-1 – BREAK! First double fault of the set from Kuznetsova and a chance for the double break...she hits long, but she has another chance...and Lisicki gets it and all she has to do is serve out for the match.
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 4-1 – A glorious backhand pass then a very solid smash from Kuznetsova and there’s no way she’s given up on this. A really difficult volley to execute off the floating ball, but the Russian does it with aplomb and it’s two break back points...both are saved, the second a devastating and brave backhand down the line. Kuznetsova will challenge, but that volley was well wide. A huge ace from the German and she’s close to victory now.
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 3-1 – BREAK!A bit of a miss hit, but a winner all the same from Kuznetsova. She drops an easy put away JUST inside the baseline. Lisicki slices low and short and pulls back to deuce.Break point Lisicki and she’s won four of five so far...but this return goes straight out. The Russian drops a volley wide and she’ll have to defend a second...and she can’t as she hits wastefully long.
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 2-1 – Lisicki serves into the body then follows it with a forehand up the line. She’s forced into a desperate slice on the next point though and it goes long. Kuznetsova buries the drive volley, but Lisicki does the same to see out the game.
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 1-1 – The Russian plucks the ball out of the air for the overhead. She next plays what looks to be a perfect lob, but it drops just long. Lisicki gets really lucky as she goes for a nothing slice that clips the net and falls kindly for her. Kuznetsova hits her third ace of the match though and she takes the game.
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 1-0 – Kuznetsova arcs a forehand crosscourt for a devastating winner. She dosen’t take charge of the next rally though and it’s back to 30-30. The Russian is getting louder and louder, but she hits long. Lisicki drop shots from the back of the court and hits the return at Kuznetsova, who can’t get out of the way and that’s the game.
- - Lisicki 2-6 6-4 – SET! Lisicki’s return is only just out. You feel that if this were to go to three sets Lisicki would be the big favourite, so it’s vital that the Russian holds here. Fantastic defensive lob from Lisicki off her backhand side as she finds the corner. It’s two set points to the German...the return goes straight into the net, but another chance...a poor, poor backhand from Kuznetsova goes only halfway up the net.
- - Lisicki 2-6 5-4 – Two big serves for the first couple of points and another sets her up for the winner down the line for a 40-0 lead. Kuznetsova changes tack and draws her in, but she replies well and volleys a cute angled winner.
- - Lisicki 2-6 4-4 – Good point from Kuznetsova as she shows good defence to stay in the point. An even better one next as she rips a vicious forehand down the line as she runs around the outside of it. It’s a straightforward hold and she piles the pressure back on Lisicki.
- - Lisicki 2-6 4-3 – It’s all changed around so suddenly. Lisicki is now comfortably on top and she rattles off four straight points to hold to love and move ahead in a set for the first time.
- - Lisicki 2-6 3-3 – BREAK! Kuznetsova sends over an awry backhand and it’s 30-30. A glimpse of a break here for Lisicki, who’s had very few opportunities so far. A winner sets up break point...Kuznetsova gets caught in no man’s land and sends up a weak half-volley. It gives Lisicki the advantage and the Russian sends her next shot wide.
- - Lisicki 2-6 2-3 – Lisicki’s groundstrokes are all over the place. Both points dropped at 30-30 have been from poor forehands. This one’s a bullet down the line though and she back it up by forcing Kuznetsova into the error and takes the game.
- - Lisicki 2-6 1-3 – Nice feel from Kuznetsova as she hits a drop volley that dies as it hits the floor. Lisicki has the easiest of smashes as she lets the ball bounce, but she goes straight down the middle and hits it long. She comes to the net again and this time hits into the net and the Russian moves ever closer to the match.
- - Lisicki 2-6 1-2 – Lisicki just about puts enough on the volley to keep it away from the Kuznetsova hitting zone. The Russian catches the tape with a groundstroke and the ball flips up and travels just long. It’s an important hold for Lisicki.
- - Lisicki 2-6 0-2 – Lisicki lazer guides a forehand into the corner and follows it up with a whipped backhand as she aggressively comes to the net. Kuznetsova gets out of trouble using her big serve though as she picks up consecutive points and with it the game.
- - Lisicki 2-6 0-1 – BREAK! Kuznetsova pulls back to 30-30, but Lisicki whips a lovely forehand deep to the corner and it’s too much for the Russian. An atrocious, and it was absolutely awful, attempt at a drop shot brings the game to deuce. She makes up for it with a thunderous winner down the line though. Just a lazy swing of a forehand from Lisicki and she hands the break over.
- - Lisicki 2-6 – SET! A shanked forehand from the German and Kuznetsova has a couple of break points...it’s all so routine for her though as a powerful first serve is enough to make the return go long.
- - Lisicki 2-5 – BREAK! Lisicki’s really struggling here. She’s a break down already and Kuznetsova strolls into a 0-40 lead on this service game after the German sensd a volley into the net. She only needs the one chance and just has to serve out for the set...
- - Lisicki 0-0 – These two players have met only once before and that was at Wimbledon in 2009 where the German came out on top in straight sets. This should be a close match though, with both seeded close together.
|Date of Birth||22/09/1989|
|Date of Birth||27/06/1985|