|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WILLIAMS 6-1 6-1 – GAME, SET & MATCH – Serena earns herself three match points, but only needs the one as the faltering Arn slaps down a double fault to hand the 12th seed a place in the fourth round. That was very, very easy for Serena, who next faces Ekaterina Makarova. Full women's drawsheet
- - WILLIAMS 6-1 3-0 – BREAK – Serena is half way out the door now as she breaks for a second time, Arn pulling a cross court forehand wide across court. Serena was comfortably there though and drilled a forehand back down the line regardless
- - WILLIAMS 6-1 1-0 – BREAK – Serena is clearly not planning to hang around long tonight as she races through another break, this time to 30, moving Arn around the baseline before riffling a backhand winner down the line to seal the break at the first attempt
- - WILLIAMS 6-1 – SET – An impressive opening set from Serena as she serves out the first set for the loss of one game, Arn failing to deal with a heavy first serve and sending her return long of the baseline
- - WILLIAMS 5-0 - Williams again consolidates her break of serve, and she opens up a commanding 5-0 lead in this opening set with Arn lacking any confidence or conviction against her powerful opponent. Serena can now complete the bagel and take the set with another break.
- - WILLIAMS 4-0 - BREAK! Arn again errs on her serve, and she simply cannot land her first delivery with the accuracy required to pressure Serena, who breaks for a second time with powerful groundstrokes.
- - WILLIAMS 3-0 - Serena consolidates with a very fine service hold, and she makes an extremely confident start to this opening set. Can Arn hold at the second time of asking?
- - WILLIAMS 2-0 - BREAK! Williams savages the Arn serve with two blistering forehands, and she seizes the initiative at the start of this opening set! Arn looks completely helpless against such an attack.
- - WILLIAMS 1-0 - Serena opens up with a very solid hold, and the American finds a good rhythm with three big first serves. Can Arn establish herself from the outset too?
- - Serena Williams looks to progress through to the fourth round against Gretar Arn on Rod Laver...
|Date of Birth||13/04/1979|
|Date of Birth||26/09/1981|