|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - LI 3-0 30-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Li takes another two points as Medina Garrigues struggles to run. The Spaniard decides enough it enough and she concedes the match before walking to her chair in floods of tears again. A sad end to the night
- - LI 3-0 - Li moves Medina Garrigues around the baseline, holding with a backhand drop shot to consolidate the break. This is a tough situation for the Chinese fifth seed as well, she has to maintain her confidence and, as nasty as it sounds, exploit the injury of her opponent.
- - Medina Garrigues is going to at least try and continue but how well she will be able to move, even with the ankle taped up, remains to be seen
- - The Spaniard had a lot of troubles with her knee in the past and it looks as though her initial fear when she went down was that. But she is having her right ankle strapped and has been testing it out. It looks as though she is going to continue. She's even having a laugh and a joke with the trainer now
- - Medina is helped up the good news is that she can walk unassisted. She heads back over to the chair with the trainer and doctor but still looks pretty distressed
- - LI 2-0 15-15 - Medina Garrigues has gone down badly and is sobbing while lying on the court. She sounds devastated and it looks as though this one is over. Medina Garrigues is clearly in a lot of pain with her ankle as the trainer and doctor rush out on to court.
- - LI 0-2 - BREAK - Li has come out firing on all cylinders and that is easier said that done at 11:30 at night. And she is quickly a break up, pushing Medina Garrigues around the baseline and eventually breaking the Spaniard down
- - Li Na, last year's beaten finalist, and Spaniard Anabel Medina Garrigues are just about to walk out on to the Rod Laver Arena for their third round clash
|Date of Birth||31/07/1982|
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|