|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Wozniacki 6-2 6-2 – What a brilliant point from the pair, won by Wozniacki on the stretch as she runs the ball down and volleys up the line behind Niculescu. Two match points and she makes no mistake this time as she gets down low and hits a backhand winner up the line to take the match in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 5-2 – BREAK!...Match point to the Dane, but Niculescu drives a winner up the line that clips the service line to bring it back to deuce. A break point, but thwarted by the world number one. The Romanian drop shots and Wozniacki guesses the wrong way on the return. Break point number four and she takes it!
- - Wozniacki 6-2 5-1 – Wozniacki successfully challenges the call on her serve to open the scoring in this game. The Dane hits the ball twice to get it over the net, so point to Niculescu. The Romanian misses a pass by inches to let Wozniacki off the hook, but a wild forehand and a chance to get a break back...Wozniacki fires a volley in behind the run of her opponent for deuce...
- - Wozniacki 6-2 5-1 – BREAK! We’ve played an hour here and it should only be a couple more minutes. She moves to 0-40 as Niculescu hits into the net. The break to love comes as she next hits long. All too easy for the Dane.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 4-1 – Wozniacki absolutely rattles through her service game with no problems at all. There’s just really not much Niculescu can do, she’s just playing someone far too consistent and solid.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 3-1 – BREAK! Wozniacki hits the pick up up the line and Niculescu can’t retrieve. Fantastic hitting from the Dane with her opponent hitting such a variety of shots at her. She runs into a 0-40 lead, Niculescu saves the first, but comes to the net for the second and the Dane has the pick of which way to pass her.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 2-1 – Well done from Niculescu as she drops one at the feet of Wozniacki, who fails to deal with it. The Dane wins as she hits another ace to inch ahead in this second set.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 1-1 – Wozniacki whips a forehand winner crosscourt, Niculescu replies by chopping a volley down the line. Wozniacki shanks one long, hits another into the net and misses another to let her opponent draw level early in the second set.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 1-0 – Niculescu again drop shots to good effect as she forces Wozniacki to hit wide. An unforced error and the Romanian has break point...a massively over hit backhand and it’s back to deuce. A defensive lob goes just long from Niculescu, and a groundstroke even further and the world number one holds.
- - Wozniacki 6-2 – BREAK! A wonderfully improvised shot from Niculescu as she slice volleys at the net down the line. Wozniacki is all over the following rally though and it’s set point to the Dane...she gets the job done in 36 minutes as Niculescu hits into the net.
- - Wozniacki 5-2 – The rally of the match and Wozniacki misses the easiest of putaways after a poor Niculescu drop shot. She could have stroked that in, but instead went for power and hit it long. The Dane cuts off the angled drive to volley into the open court , then overpowers her opponent to take the game and move closer to the opening set.
- - Wozniacki 4-2 – Niculescu hits through the ball, carving out a decent winner down the line. Much better from the Romanian as she hits a smash into the corner. A smile from Wozniacki as she hits into the top of the net to hand the Romanian the game.
- - Wozniacki 4-1 – A lovely drop volley from the world number one puts her up 40-0. For the game she forces the Romanian out past the tramlines and hits a simple winner out into the open court.
- - Wozniacki 3-1 – BREAK! Brilliant volleying from the Romanian as she clips one down the line, then the next into the empty court. From 0-30 up Wozniacki is pegged back, but an unforced error and the Dane has a single break point...Niculescu tries the drop shot, but it falls miles too short.
- - Wozniacki 2-1 – BREAK! Niculescu decides to leave the Dane’s volley on the stretch and it drop perfectly into the corner – a poor mistake. She replies though and comes to the net for a smashed winner. A brutish backhand crosscourt winner from Wozniacki...but she follows it with a woeful forehand into the net from a couple of metres. Break back point then and no mistake as Niculescu hits a wonderful drop shot and follows it with a pass down the line.
- - Wozniacki 2-0 – BREAK! Niculescu runs into a 30-0 lead, but a way too high drop shot gives the Dane enough time to hit the winner and get into the game. She follows it with a forehand winner for 30-30. Niculescu tries an inside-out backhand which hits the net and it’s break point...the Romanian hits long and that is the break.
- - Wozniacki 1-0 - Wozniacki gets the match underway and it's a comfortable hold to 15. Niculescu goes for the massive hit down the line, but misses by inches to concede the game.
|Date of Birth||11/07/1990|
|Date of Birth||25/09/1987|