|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 7-6 4-3 - Federer continues to lead the way in this second set with the utmost efficiency on serve, and again the Swiss is not remotely troubled as he cruises through another service hold. Can Karlovic keep pace with the third seed?
- - FEDERER 7-6 3-3 - Karlovic is struggling on serve slightly now as Federer crushes a forehand down the line to confound the Croat's first delivery threat. Karlovic holds serve from 30-30 and levels at 3-3 nonetheless.
- - In the next round, Nadal will take on either Feliciano Lopez or John Isner in the last 16. He departs to a standing ovation, and that was incredibly comfortable for the Spaniard. Men's drawsheet
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 6-2 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Nadal wraps up victory in very efficient fashion, and the world number two secures his progression through to the next round! Lacko battled very hard and was in contention at the start of the opening set, but he was unable to sustain that level and Nadal has won through very comfortably.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 5-2 - BREAK! Nadal breaks for a second time in this set to move to within a game of the match, and Lacko simply cannot live with the Spaniard's intensity and power. Nadal can now serve out for the match!
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 4-2 - Nadal further consolidates his break of serve with three huge forehands to peg Lacko back and ensure that he remains in complete control in this third set.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 3-2 - Lacko finally gets back into the contest with a confident hold, and Nadal is unable to further stretch his lead despite a flashing forehand winner. Can the Slovak make his mark on Nadal's serve?
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 3-1 - Nadal comfortably consolidates his break of serve with three first deliveries which leave Lacko with no option but to plant the ball wide. Nadal is cruising now with a break in this third set.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! Nadal stamps his authority on the third set with a blistering series of groundstrokes to pin Lacko firmly back behind the baseline and clinch a crucial break! The Spaniard is looking very strong indeed.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 1-1 - Nadal draws level with a comfortable service hold, and the Spaniard keeps the pressure on his opponent with a quick game on his serve before preparing to pile the pressure back on Lacko.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 0-1 - Lacko takes the opening game of the third set in battling fashion, and he fires two successive forehand winners to close it out in fine fashion. It's a solid start from the Slovak.
- - NADAL 6-2 6-4 - SET! The world number two wraps up the second set with consummate ease, serving out for it comfortably with Lacko unable to respond. The Slovak looks to be out of this contest, but Nadal still has work to do.
- - NADAL 6-2 5-4 - Nadal takes his foot off the pedal as Lacko is afforded a relatively simple service hold, and two unforced errors from the world number two gift his opponent the game. Can Nadal now serve out for the set?
- - NADAL 6-2 5-3 - Nadal moves just one game shy of taking the second set as he slams a forehand down the line in uncompromising fashion and next point moves in court to dismiss a short forehand from his opponent. It's clinical stuff from the Spaniard!
- - NADAL 6-2 4-3 - Lacko erodes the deficit with a fierce forehand down Nadal's backhand wing to close out another service game, and he is suddenly finding a good rhythm on his delivery with the pressure off his shoulders.
- - NADAL 6-2 4-2 - Nadal is unwavering as he further consolidates his advantage in this second set, and there is nothing Lacko can do seemingly to force his way back into this. Lacko finds a forehand winner, but it makes no real impact.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-2 - Credit must go to Lacko, who holds his composure to reduce the deficit with a solid hold, and he is undeterred by having seen his serve broken earlier in the set. Nadal pushes him to 30-30, but Lacko holds firm to close out the game.
- - NADAL 6-2 3-1 - Nadal opens up a comfortable cushion in this second set, just as he did so clinically in the first. Lacko is unable to respond to having his own serve broken, and the world number 119 is well off the pace now.
- - NADAL 6-2 2-1 - BREAK! It's relentless stuff from Nadal, who breaks with a ruthless assault on the Lacko serve! The Slovak begins to settle, but is caught off guard by his opponent as the world number two hammers a forehand cross court and follows it up with a backhand down the line!
- - NADAL 6-2 1-1 - Nadal levels with a series of crushing blows from the back of the court, and the Spaniard does not look remotely troubled on serve as he ensures that his opponent does not get a glimpse of a break.
- - NADAL 6-2 0-1 - Lacko gets going with a decent service game, holding off Nadal and ensuring that the Spaniard cannot break immediately at the start of this second set.
- - NADAL 6-2 - SET! The world number two races through his service hold with a minimum of fuss to take the opening set and stamp his authority on the match. Lacko is unable to get a foothold in the game, and he will have to battle from behind.
- - NADAL 5-2 - BREAK! After the early struggle for the ascendancy, it's suddenly one-way traffic as Nadal breaks Lacko with consummate ease to open up a comfortable cushion. Nadal can now serve out for the opening set.
- - NADAL 4-2 - Nadal wins his third game in succession and celebrates with a clenched fist as he pounds a forehand down the line to breach Lacko's defences! The Slovak needs to respond, but Nadal is not allowing him any breathing space.
- - NADAL 3-2 - BREAK! Lacko battles extremely hard to recover to deuce as Nadal puts him under immense pressure, and the Spaniard is utterly ruthless and unerring as he clinches the break after an extended deuce! He has the advantage once more.
- - NADAL 2-2 - Nadal holds to level at 2-2 with three good first serves, and the Spaniard is having to work extremely hard for every point against Lacko. The Slovak is putting up a strong resistance.
- - NADAL 1-2 - Lacko consolidates his break of serve with a solid hold, and Nadal is unable to respond as his opponent continues to provide a very stubborn early resistance. How long can he hold this intensity?
- - NADAL 1-1 - BREAK! Lacko breaks straight back with a tremendous, gutsy display of hitting from the back of the court, and Nadal is stunned! The Slovak pounds the baseline with forehands, and Nadal is not allowed to settle.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! The Spaniard breaks immediately with a flurry of sparkling groundstrokes, and Lacko looks pretty despondent to lose his serve so early at the start of this match!
- - Nadal has won the pair's two previous head-to-head encounters on Tour: the Australian Open in 2010 with a straight-sets win, and at Doha last season.
- - Welcome to LIVE text coverage of day five of the Australian Open! Straight up, we have Rafael Nadal in action against Lukas Lacko of Slovakia. What a way to get things going! This match is LIVE on British Eurosport and Eurosport HD (Sky 410/412, Virgin Media 521).
|Date of Birth||03/11/1987|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|