No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 3-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Sensational! Nishikori booms down an ace - the first of the match - to bring up three match points, the second of which he wins by sending Tsonga the wrong way at the net! Tsonga is bundled out and Nishikori's prize for this famous victory is a meeting with Andy Murray! Full men's draw
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 2-5 - Nishikori starts this game badly, with a double fault, and when Tsonga fires a forehand winner down the line soon after, the Japanese is in trouble at two break points down. But he belies his years by handling the pressure admirably and saving both, the second with yet another winner. He goes on to hold and move to within one game of the quarter-finals!
TSONG - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 2-4 - Tsonga aces to break that run of lost points and he goes on to hold to love. That's exactly what the doctor ordered for the number six seed!
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 1-4 - Nishikori edges towards victory as he holds to love. The Japanese has now won the last eight points as Tsonga begins to wilt. The Frenchman badly needs a response here.
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 1-3 - BREAK - Brilliant! A late body adjustment from Nishikori ends with him sending a sensational forehand winner back past Tsonga on his way to bringing up three break point opportunities... and a superb backhand winner wins him the game at the first time of asking! Another big, big upset is on the cards here!
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 1-2 - A held service game to love goes Nishikori's way as the 22-year-old continues his bid to become the first Japanese player to reach the quarter-finals at Melbourne Park in the Open era.
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 1-1 - Two games into the final set and we're on serve. Don't forget you can watch this one - and all this evening's matches - live on the Eurosport Player. Subscribe here
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 6-3 - Despite a valiant effort by Nishikori on several deuces, Tsonga holds serve to claim the fourth set - and we're heading for a fifth on Hisense!
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 5-2 - It's getting very interesting over on Hisense Arena as Tsonga saves three break points to hold and open up a three-game lead once more.
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 3-1 - BREAK - Tsonga has roared out this set and he breaks in the fourth game to edge ahead. The Frenchman's fired up now and he lets out a huge roar as he smashes on the final point of the game!
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-6 - This is stunning stuff from Nishikori, the Japanese blitzing Tsonga to take the third set and with it the lead of the match for the first time! The Frenchman appears to be suffering a little from the heat - entirely understandably.
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 1-3 - Nishikori really is on a roll here as the 24th seed breaks early in the third to get a march on Tsonga, the sixth seed.
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 0-1 - Nishikori is in the ascendency on Hisense Arena as he seals the first game of the second set with a blistering forehand winner!
- - TSONGA 6-2 2-6 - SET - Great stuff from Nishikori as the young Japanese beats Tsonga at his own big-hitting game to take the second set! It's shaping up to be a cracker on Hisense!
- - TSONGA 6-2 0-3 - We're back under way on Hisense, with Kei Nishikori breaking and storming to a 3-0 lead. Great response to going a set down - and to the lengthy interruption due to that bubble issue - from the Japanese.
- - TSONGA 6-2 0-1 - There's a problem on Hisense Arena with Nishikori leading 1-0 in the second set. Play has been halted as officials come on to the court, which seems to have developed one of those bubbles which affects the bounce of the ball.
- - TSONGA 6-2 - SET - No problems for Tsonga in the first set over on Hisense Arena. The French sixth drops just two games on his way to taking a one-set lead.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - BREAK - Tsonga makes an equally impressive start against Nishikori, breaking the Japanese at the first time of asking.
- - TSONGA 0-0 - And almost at exactly the same time, Tsonga kicks off his match with Nishikori over on Hisense.
- - Also out on court are Kei Nishikori and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who are about to do battle for a place in the quarters - against either Murray or Kukushkin.
|Date of Birth||29/12/1989|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|