|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 5-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Ferrer moves into the net and shows Gasquet how to do it to bring up two match points. The Frenchman saves the first but on the second he hits the net and Ferrer breezes into the last eight! Consummate performance from the number five seed, who will pose a real threat to either Djokovic or Hewitt.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 5-1 - Gasquet tries to come into the net but it's a bad move as Ferrer picks him off with a fine backhand winner down the line to add another game to his tally and move closer to the quarter-finals.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 4-1 - BREAK - A lovely backhand return from Ferrer sets him on his way to break point. And he produces a wonderful forehand winner that lands right on the line to break and take a three-game lead in the third set. This one looks like it's going to be over pretty soon. Gasquet's a spent force.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 3-1 - Look at this from Ferrer, he's unstoppable at the moment. He's like a terrier who refuses to let go now he has the scent of victory. An excellent volley right into the baseline corner is followed by a whipped forehand winner on his way to confirming that break.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 2-1 - BREAK - Ferrer hits a wonderful two-handed backhand to bring up break point and the fifth seed takes it to edge ahead in the third! Gasquet looks like he's struggling in the heat - but then again, who wouldn't?
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 1-1 - Regulation for Ferrer this game. The sun's gone disappeared from Hisense, but both men are sweating profusely, given the intense heat in the arena.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 0-1 - Gasquet, just as he did after the opening set, responds well and holds his serve to 15. Yet he's still got a mountain to climb here.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-4 - SET - Ferrer brings up triple set point and when Gasquet returns long, the Spaniard seals the second set! Pretty comfortable for the fifth seed so far, and that early prediction of a five-setter is looking off the mark.
- - FERRER 6-4 5-4 - BREAK - Ferrer puts that disappointment behind him as he sends Gasquet scampering all over the court with some decent width on his shots. He breaks back immediately and he'll now serve for the second set.
- - FERRER 6-4 4-4 - BREAK - Ferrer seems to tighten up a little in this game, and Gasquet takes full advantage to break the Spaniard's serve for the first time this match! We're back on serve and that's a missed opportunity for Ferrer.
- - FERRER 6-4 4-3 - Ferrer's last loss to a French opponent came against Gilles Simon at the Cincy Masters last year. Since then he has won two matches against Gallic opponents - Simon and Nicolas Mahut.
- - FERRER 6-4 3-2 - Gasquet does well to strong a couple of decent service games together. He holds to stay in with a shout of the second set.
- - FERRER 6-4 3-1 - Service games are exchanged as Ferrer maintains his two-game lead. The big one tonight - the winner of which will play the winner of this one - is Novak Djokovic against Lleyton Hewitt. Watch it on the Eurosport Player
- - FERRER 6-4 2-0 - BREAK - This one's running away from Gasquet as Ferrer breaks for a second time this set. He clenches his fist and wears the look of a man who wants to get this one over with quickly. Meanwhile the mercury has hit 31 degrees, but it's a lot hotter out on court.
- - FERRER 6-4 2-0 - Ferrer looks comfortable as he serves out to love. The Spaniard is looking to add to victories over Rui Machedo, Ryan Sweeting and Juan Ignacio Chela in Melbourne this year.
- - FERRER 6-4 1-0 - BREAK - The shadow is fully covering the court now as Ferrer looks to seize the impetus in this match. He breaks early in the second set and Gasquet has a small mountain to climb now.
- - FERRER 6-4 - SET - Ferrer needs four bites of the cherry to claim the first set, but on the fourth set point he whips a forehand, Nadal-like, past Gasquet and the Spaniard takes a commanding position!
- - FERRER 5-4 - BREAK - Ferrer finally makes a breakthrough as the Spaniard looks to add to his seven-match unbeaten streak coming into this contest. And he'll now serve for the first set.
- - FERRER 4-4 - Again, a regulation service game for Ferrer and we're still on serve. Don't forget you can watch this match on the Eurosport Player. Subscribe here
- - FERRER 3-4 - Gasquet is looking solid today. The Frenchman has never reached the quarters in Melbourne before but his third round win over Janko Tipsarevic broke a eight-match losing streak against top-10 opposition....
- - FERRER 3-3 - This one already has the feel of a five-setter. This is Ferrer's seventh consecutive appearance in a round of 16 match (or better) at a Grand Slam - quite some record for the fifth seed.
- - FERRER 2-3 - Far from a full house here today and there's plenty of empty seats around Hisense Arena. People have probably been turned off by the extreme heat, although a shadow is slowly moving across the court now, which should cool things down a little bit.
- - FERRER 2-2 - Gasquet takes Ferrer to deuce but the French 17th seed fires one long soon after and Ferrer holds comfortably enough. These two have met each other six times, with Ferrer holding a 5-1 win record.
- - FERRER 1-2 - After Tsonga's shock result earlier, Gasquet is the one remaining Frenchman at this year's Aussie Open. No pressure from the scores of Gallic fans in the crowd then.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Service games are traded - Ferrer registering the first ace of the match - as these two battle for the right to face the winner of Novak Djokovic's evening session clash with Lleyton Hewitt.
- - FERRER 0-0 -Here we go again on Hisense Arena. Gasquet to serve first.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|