|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - We'll be back in about 20 minutes for Novak Djokovic's match against Sergiy Stakovsky. Join us for that one!
- - Murray wins that match in 82 minutes - he had to work much harder in the second set, but was a comfortable winner in the end. An improved display, and he'll face the winner of Lukas Lacko v Tomas Berdych. Full draw in Dubai
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-4 – MATCH! Service winner gives Murray the first point, before he outlasts Chiudinelli to move within two points of victory. Murray misses long to let the Swiss back in, before playing a backhand volley which is just too good. Two match points – and he only needs one, with a second serve that’s too good for Chiudinelli. Murray into the quarter-finals!
- - MURRAY 6-3 5-4 – BREAK! Chance for Murray again as he takes a 0-30 lead in this game through some stout defence, and that becomes 0-40 with a powerful winner down the line. That spells trouble for Chiudinelli, but although he staves off the first break point, he cannot deny Murray this time. The Scot will serve for the match!
- - MURRAY 6-3 4-4 – Murray being worked hard in this second set, and taken to deuce by the Swiss. The world number four works his opponent out wide one way and then the other to earn the advantage, and thinks he’s won it when Chiudinelli’s scrambled looping return is called long. But it was flush on the line – a poor umpiring call. It only delays the inevitable – Murray holds when the Swiss hits a backhand approach into the net.
- - MURRAY 6-3 3-4 – Better start from Murray against the Chiudinelli serve – he steps forward and nails two backhands to forge a 0-30 lead. Murray blows a backhand lob to bring up all three break points, but he does earn one at 30-40 when the Swiss double faults. Chiudinelli saves it with an aggressive play attacking the net, and Murray misses his drop shot at just the wrong moment next, much to his frustration. Chiudinelli doesn’t – he plays the shot Murray intended, and manages to hold once more.
- - MURRAY 6-3 3-3 – A relatively small crowd for this first match of the day in Dubai, but Murray delights them with a forehand passing shot to leave Chiudinelli stranded at the net. With the forehand looking very strong, the game is wrapped up in double-quick time.
- - Remember, if you want to talk about the action today, leave a comment below or join me, Mark Patterson, on Twitter
- - MURRAY 6-3 2-3 – Chiudinelli’s strong start to the second set continues and he shows great touch to get a backhand volley to dip just over the net. That was quite possibly the finest point of the match so far. The Swiss screams in frustration as he underhits a backhand on the next rally to let Murray back in at 40-30, but he gets the better of the Scot in a lengthy exchange to seal another hold.
- - MURRAY 6-3 2-2 – Murray powers through the first three points in this game – will this be the first game of the set to prove straightforward? Not quite – Chiudinelli crashes a sensational forehand winner into the far corner down the line to grab a point, but nets his next return to hand the Brit the game.
- - MURRAY 6-3 1-2 – Chiudinelli has not given much away in this second set, and despite the third seed in Dubai being the stronger player, he’s only broken the Swiss’ serve once in this match. Chiudinelli edges ahead to 40-30, and has to win the game twice over – his first shot catches the line and is wrongly overruled by the chair umpire. One overturned call later, Chiudinelli wins the next point and seals the game.
- - MURRAY 6-3 1-1 – We’ve been saying that Murray’s serve has been improving for so long that maybe it’s getting unfair – maybe it’s just improved and it is now a good serve? Either way, he hits his fourth ace of the match and that’s valuable as Chiudinelli pegged the Scot back to 30-30. Murray closes it out to get back on level terms in the second set.
- - "Looks good for Murray today. Maybe Ivan Lendl, Murray's coach, still needs to instill in Murray a true killer instinct in him: then he might yet win a Grand Slam - hope so soon." - Do you agree with Jongros about Lendl's task?
- - MURRAY 6-3 0-1 – Chiudinelli grabs the first three points of the second set before Murray powers two ferocious forehand winners, one down each side. That pressure tells, and he’s back to deuce. Chiudinelli forced to dig deep once again, and he manages a crucial hold of serve.
- - Another match live in Dubai - Cipolla v Tipsarevic. Latest score here
- - MURRAY 6-3 – SET! And job done in the first set for Murray, who wasn’t remotely troubled in that opener. He won 30 points out of 50 played in that set – the Scot in control. He lost concentration in the second set yesterday, and will be eager not to repeat those errors.
- - MURRAY 5-3 – Some of these one-twos from Murray are really showing the difference in standard between the two players – the cross-court backhand followed by forehand down the line to make it 30-30 is a particular delight. But Chiudinelli shows determination as he serves to stay in the set, and reels off the next two points.
- - MURRAY 5-2 – Murray moves to win a game of the first set with another comfortable service hold. If the rally goes long, the Scot looks almost certain to win it. One moment of magic from Chiudinelli, a fierce forehand crosscourt on the angle, just not enough to make an impression.
- - MURRAY 4-2 – An altogether better service game from Chiudinelli, who shows plenty of aggression, and catches Murray out as he advances to the net. But the Swiss player's left knee, which was strapped before the game, looks to be giving him a little discomfort.
- - MURRAY 4-1 – Effortless stuff from Murray, who sends Chiudinelli deep, advances to the net, and guides a volley out of reach. He’s angry with himself when he tries something similar and puts an easy backhand volley perilously close to the back line. It’s called out – Murray challenges – and is right to. Hold for the Scot.
- - MURRAY 3-1 – BREAK! Vicious shot down the line from Chiudinelli – Murray reviews it but it was a clean winner, and a first class hit. But that’s the sort of shot it’s taking to beat the Scot, and he tidies up on the rest of the points. Murray brings up two break points, and takes the first with a dipping return that Chiudinelli cannot volley back into play.
- - MURRAY 2-1 – It’s all looking rather straightforward for Murray – he’s not in top gear, but he doesn’t need to be. He holds to love, looking strong behind his second serve as well. Chiudinelli may still be on serve, but he’s got to knock Murray off his rhythm if he’s got any hopes of winning this match.
- - MURRAY 1-1 – Impressive start from Chiudinelli, who gets plenty of power behind the forehand and rattles off the first three points. Murray pulls one back, and then another when he outlasts the Swiss on a lengthy baseline rally. Suddenly, without breaking into top gear, Murray turns the game around and earns a break point, only for Chiudinelli to save it with style at the net. He takes full advantage to hold – and he’s on the board in this match.
- - MURRAY 1-0 – A very tidy opening game from Murray. The serve not quite at full speed yet, but the groundstrokes look fine, rushing his Swiss opponent. He holds to 15 to take the first game – an improvement on yesterday, when he lost his opener to Berrer.
- - Right - we're ready for action. Murray to serve first.
- - On paper Chiudinelli should pose Murray no problems - this is the Swiss' best ranking points haul of the season already. Do you see any troubles for the world number four today? Let me know in the comments section or on Twitter.
- - The players are just heading out on court now - play not too far away. If you want to talk tennis, or just about any other sport going (I've got limited lacrosse knowledge, I'm warning you now), then you can follow me on Twitter @Mark_Eurosport
- - And there's a host of matches getting under way at the same time as Murray v Chiudinelli, including Tomas Berdych v Lukas Lacko, with the winner playing the winner of this game in the quarter-finals. Keep up with all the scores here
- - Coming up later - we'll be bringing you Novak Djokovic live against Sergiy Stakhovsky - that match due to start at 12:00 GMT. Djokovic v Stakhovsky
- - Murray opens proceedings in Dubai for the second day in a row - he was far from his best in overcoming Germany's Michael Berrer 6-3 4-6 6-4 yesterday, but held his nerve to reach the last 16. Report
- - Chiudinelli is the world number 185, but the 30-year-old has been as high as 52 in the world. He got this far by beating Nikolay Davydenko over three tough sets. Full draw here
- - Good morning everyone and welcome to live text commentary of Andy Murray's second-round match in Dubai against Marco Chiudinelli!
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||10/09/1981|