|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-4 YOUZHNY: GAME SET AND MATCH! Federer races to 40-0, but nets a volley on the run. He wraps things up at the second attempt. It's a routine victory, and the great man progresses to the semi-finals, where he will play either Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or Juan Martin Del Potro.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-4 YOUZHNY: Youzhny falls 0-15 behind but gets on terms thanks to a lucky net cord. Buoyed by that good fortune, he goes on to hold serve, and Federer will now serve for the match.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-3 YOUZHNY: Cracking cross-court winner by Youzhny, but it's not enough, and Federer soon races to 40-15... and a service winner sees him move 5-3 ahead.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-3 YOUZHNY: The Russian keeps himself in touch with some monstrous serves. He just needs to do something on the Federer serve. He's had no break points yet.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-2 YOUZHNY: STRIKER!! Youzhny hits a remarkable half-volley passing shot. That's amazing. Nevertheless, Federer holds to 15, and is two games away from the semi-finals.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-2 YOUZHNY: Hopelessly ill-conceived challenge by Youzhny, who calls for a review for a serve that is yards out. These look like the death-throes... 30-40. Fed hits long and angrily kicks the ball down the court. A missed opportunity. And Youzhny holds.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-1 YOUZHNY: Federer looks untouchable here. So easy on his serve, and this match could conceivably be finished within the hour.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-1 YOUZHNY: A much-needed hold for the Russian, who hits one particularly gorgeous shot - a crosscourt backhand pass with Federer at the net. Well, blowing hot and cold does involve blowing hot sometimes.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 YOUZHNY: Fed whips his way through another service game. At the moment, Youzhny cannot lay a glove on his opponent.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 YOUZHNY: BREAK! Youzhny is in a massive hole as he quickly falls 0-40 behind thanks to some more wayward striking. He saves one break point but Federer makes the second pay, and the Swiss looks like he is on the fast-track to victory. And a note - the first set was 6-3 for Federer. Apologies for the scoring error above.
- - FEDERER 6-3 YOUZHNY: SET! Federer is able to play within himself and cvontrol the match by waiting for Youzhny to make mistakes. A backhand return long completes a routine first set for the world number three.
- - FEDERER 5-3 YOUZHNY: Youzhny clatters one backhand into the net, and sprays another wide - it's 15-40 and two set points. But the Russian rallies and completes the turnaround with an ace out wide.
- - FEDERER 5-2 YOUZHNY: A couple of big winners from Youzhny gets him to 30-all, but he hits one return long and another wide, and the Swiss is one game away from the first set.
- - FEDERER 4-2 YOUZHNY: My word, Youzhny is hitting the ball so hard you'd swear it had been sleeping with his sister. Problem is, there's no telling where it's going to end up. This time the scattergun approach works and he gets a vital hold to stay in the set.
- - FEDERER 4-1 YOUZHNY: Wow, these Federer service games are going by in the blink of an eye - another love game for the Swiss. This one includes a second-serve ace.
- - FEDERER 3-1 YOUZHNY: BREAK! The Russian always goes for his shots, but he is erratic, and Federer has a break point after Youzhny carves a ferocious forehand just long. It turns into a marathon game of three deuces, and the break finally comes on Federer's fourth break point as the Russian pushes a backhand just wide.
- - FEDERER 2-1 YOUZHNY: Federer follows up with another emphatic hold of serve, He's not messing about, and singals a statement of intent with a thumping ace.
- - FEDERER 1-1 YOUZHNY: Youzhny looks vulnerable at 30-30 but responds with some fierce hitting, and rounds off the service hold with a booming serve down the centre.
- - FEDERER 1-0 YOUZHNY: Easy opening game for Federer, who is wearing a black shirt, white shorts and a red headband. Younzhny is in a blue shirt. You need to know these things...
- - FEDERER 0-0 YOUZHNY: It's game on! Federer serves first as shade comes over the court...
- - Their last meeting came at Wimbledon last summer, when Younzhny won a first-set tie-break before surrendering the next three sets 6-3.
- - The head to head is emphatically in Federer's favour - he has won all 11 of their meetings.
- - Welcome to live coverage of the ATP Dubai quarter-final between Mikhail Youzhny and Roger Federer.
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|