|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||6||6||-||-||-|
- - Thanks for joining me for a cracking game of tennis this afternoon. Be sure to log on for the final between Federer and Murray tomorrow LIVE from 15:00. And in the meantime, follow me for more sports news and musings on Twitter @liamhappe
- - FEDERER 7-6 7-6 - MATCH - Now we see the Del Potro who tore Tsonga a new one in a tie-break scenario yesterday as he races five points ahead. Federer pulls two back, but nets to put the Argentine on the verge of tying in sets. This only sparks a tremendous comeback as Fed eludes four set points for 6-6. The Swiss moves onto match point when Del Potro nets following a breathtaking exchange, and a subsequent shot out of bounds seals the second set - and a place in the final - for Federer!
- - FEDERER 7-6 6-6 - It looks like it may happen when Del Potro takes the first point in style, but Federer displays top form of his own to force the tie-break from there, game-15.
- - FEDERER 7-6 5-6 - Another game-15 for Del Potro, taking advantage of an unforced Fed error at 30 and weathering playing too close to net on his first of three game points to put himself on the verge of a set equaliser. All he has to do is break serve. For the first time all match. Hmm.
- - FEDERER 7-6 5-5 - Game-15 for Federer, as another tie-break looms.
- - FEDERER 7-6 4-5 - Del Potro recovers losing the first point of the game to move 30-15 clear, including a cracking quick volley on his second, and carries on to claim game nine.
- - FEDERER 7-6 4-4 - Fed snaps back in comfortable fashion for our 20th service game in a row. At this rate, we may only get one break all match, if any. And it will prove crucial.
- - FEDERER 7-6 3-4 - Another in a series of straightforward service games, with Del Potro wrapping up a game-15 in short order.
- - FEDERER 7-6 3-3 - We remain tightly locked in Dubai. Federer hits game-30 while Del Potro's audacious between-the-legs shot gets him nowhere.
- - FEDERER 7-6 2-3 - Del Potro dodges another Federer break point to force deuce and from there, he takes the fifth game.
- - FEDERER 7-6 2-2 - Though Del Potro rescues 30-30 from two points down, Federer rallies for our sixteenth successive game going the way of service.
- - FEDERER 7-6 1-2 - Fantastic comeback from the Argentine to continue to deny the first break in regular play - something Federer looked set to do without reply before surrendering three break points and losing the third game immediately from deuce.
- - FEDERER 7-6 1-1 - See-saw battle ends with Federer using a vicious volley after drawing Del Potro to the net with a cheeky soft forehand to pull clear for the game at 40-30.
- - FEDERER 7-6 0-1 - Del Potro gets off to a good start in his quest to pull this semi back, taking the second set opener game-15 and signing off with a sumptious forehand.
- - Correction: FEDERER 7-6 - SET
- - FEDERER 6-6 - SET - Federer takes the first two points before going 4-1 ahead. Del Potro manages to pull one back, but Fed gets the double break before an out puts him on the verge. Set points one and two are defied by the Argentine's forehand and an ace, before a short volley makes it 6-5. The fightback ends there, however, as Federer replies forcefully to Del Potro's return for 7-5 and the set.
- - FEDERER 6-6 - Del Potro almost tweaks his knee stumbling en route to going 15-30 behind, but shakes that as well as a set point for Federer off to force deuce. A magnificent exchange gives the Argentine the first advantage point, and an ace (despite a Fed dispute) puts him there a second time before a double fault undoes his work. Finally, Del Potro makes good on his third advantage to force a tie-break in an epic game 12.
- FEDERER 6-5 - Fed bounces back with one of his own, and the first break of the contest would hand him the first set. Can Del Potro force the tie-break, and if so, will he show the form he did in yesterday's first set tie-break v Tsonga?
- - FEDERER 5-5 - Possibly the best love-service of the match so far, capped with an ace to take the tenth game.
- - FEDERER 5-4 - Another assured service from Fed. Looks like a tie-break is the likely destination for the opening set.
- - FEDERER 4-4 - Federer pushes hard to break the Argentine's service, but Del Potro holds his serve for an eighth straight service game in this back-and-forth first set.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - Fed looked well on course for love service before an errant backhand goes out at 40-0. It doesn't deter him for long, however, as he claims the seventh game on the very next point.
- - FEDERER 3-3 - The semi still awaits its first break of service, as Del Potro is the first to get his nose ahead of a back-and-forth game from 30-30.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - First ace of the match puts Fed 30-15 ahead, and the Swiss player doesn't look back from there.
- - FEDERER 2-2 - Game-15 for Del Potro as the first set remains tightly contested. This will suit the Argentine, who edged his way to victory against Tsonga yesterday in the opener before running away with it in the second.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - Some absolutely crisp forehands from Fed - highlighted by a brilliant second point - lead him to a 55-second love-service of his own.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - The Argentine fires right back with a love-service game.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Despite Del Potro taking the first point of the contest against service, Federer powers his way to the opening game.
- - And here we go!
- - Federer and Del Potro are out on court warming up, and we should be underway shortly.
- - Murray put in a scintillating performance to gain revenge on Novak Djokovic 6-2 7-5 and reach the final in the first semi earlier today. Report
- - Good afternoon and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the second semi-final at ATP Dubai 2012. Juan Martin Del Potro will take on Roger Federer for the right to meet Andy Murray in tomorrow's final.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|