|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - In the next round, Isner will face either Matthew Ebden of Australia or compatriot Mardy Fish. Men's drawsheet in full
- - ISNER 7-5 7-5 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! What a clinical display from Isner, who closes out the match with another break at the death in ruthless fashion! Monaco loses his composure and his resolve as he plants a forehand into the net, and Isner takes him to deuce, after which a far too deep forehand from the Argentine gifts his opponent a straight-sets win!
- - ISNER 7-5 6-5 - Isner shows how it is done once more with three big first serves to put Monaco on the back foot, and he closes out the game with a thunderous forehand from midcourt to back up his delivery.
- - ISNER 7-5 5-5 - Monaco is showing superb resolve and application as he battles through another service game, but the difference in terms of effort from the two servers is stark as the Argentine is again forced to battle through.
- - ISNER 7-5 5-4 - Isner hammers two irresistable aces down the T as Monaco is left shrugging his shoulders, and the American is pretty unplayable when in this kind of rhythm on serve.
- - ISNER 7-5 4-4 - Both players trade blows from the back of the court as Monaco's serve fails to penetrate in itself, but the Argentine comes through the service hold as a result of some tireless hitting as he outlasts his opponent with each rally.
- - ISNER 7-5 4-3 - Isner is absolutely relishing this opportunity to make pressure count at this crucial point in the second set, and he finds a big serve down the T to ensure that he holds serve once more. Can Monaco repel his advances now?
- - ISNER 7-5 3-3 - Monaco again levels, and the Argentine is growing in confidence on serve as he finds three big first deliveries. Isner again looks to find a crucial break at the business end of the set, but can Monaco find something else?
- - ISNER 7-5 3-2 - Isner is unwavering as he drills a forehand cross court to back up his enormous serves, and he finds three big deliveries to keep Monaco firmly on the back foot behind the baseline.
- - ISNER 7-5 2-2 - Monaco finds a much better rhythm on serve as he flies through his service game with few issues. Isner knows he missed an opportunity in the last game on the Argentine's serve, and he is unable to compete this time around.
- - ISNER 7-5 2-1 - As so often happens following an epic game, the next is fairly substandard as both players look to find some respite. Isner is the beneficiary as he closes out a comfortable hold with Monaco providing little resistance.
- - ISNER 7-5 1-1 - Monaco levels up after an epic game with Isner forcing it to a lengthy deuce. Isner throws his arms up in frustration as Monaco finally draws it to a close with a forehand down the line, but that was a truly energy-sapping game.
- - ISNER 7-5 1-0 - Isner consolidates his break of serve to clinch the opening set with a convincing hold at the start of the second, firing consecutive forehand winners to leave Monaco looking very agitated. He must gather his composure to make a solid start now.
- - ISNER 7-5 - SET! Monaco falters for all but a few seconds, and Isner breaks! With the game poised at 30-30, the American finds a brilliant forehand winner, then outlasts Monaco in a lengthy rally which ensures that the Indian Wells fans have something to really cheer at the end of the set! Clinical and ruthless from Isner.
- - ISNER 6-5 - Isner is utterly unerring on his serve, and Monaco is left with no choice but to go for broke with two forehands, missing on both occasions. It's a comfortable hold for the American at the business end of the set.
- - ISNER 5-5 - Monaco levels at 5-5 after a flurry of groundstrokes, and Isner is left very frustrated after he is again unable to make a real impact on his opponent's serve despite a blistering forehand return down the line to begin the game.
- - ISNER 5-4 - Isner cracks a powerful forehand down the line after a big serve down the T, and the American will not be dictated to as he thrives on serve. Monaco will again need to respond.
- - ISNER 4-4 - Monaco again levels with a gutsy, whole-hearted game on his serve, and he hits the line twice with precise serves before picking out a gorgeous forehand pass down the line to close it out!
- - ISNER 4-3 - Isner cracks a powerful forehand down the line and pumps his chest in delight after being forced to battle from 30-30 with Monaco finding a brilliant return off his forehand side to test his opponent's resolve. The Argentine will now serve at 4-3 down.
- - ISNER 3-3 - Monaco fires a quite brilliant backhand passing shot down the line to close out his service game from 40-30 with Isner left to applaud his opponent's blistering strike! The fact that it was off balance and on the run made it all the more impressive.
- - ISNER 3-2 - Isner hammers a forehand down the line after a flurry of fine groundstrokes from Monaco ensure that he is put under immense pressure from his opponent. The American is looking very confident, particularly on his forehand side.
- - ISNER 2-2 - Monaco holds firm despite Isner coming good with two full-blooded forehands down the line, and the Argentine closes out the game with a stunning forehand cross court and a half volley down the line.
- - ISNER 2-1 - Monaco slams an emphatic forehand down the line to peg back the American, but two fine serves outwide ensure that Isner takes the game and remains in front at the start of this opening set.
- - ISNER 1-1 - Monaco levels up with a hard-fought game, and Isner goes for broke with three returns with just the one coming off. The Argentine gets on the board successfully from the outset.
- - ISNER 1-0 - Isner rattles through the opening game with two thunderous serves down the T, and Monaco feels his way into the match with two decent returns but cannot make an impact.
- - But right now, we have American John Isner in action against Juan Monaco of Argentina on Stadium 2, and that match is about to get underway...
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||29/03/1984|