|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 6-4 - MATCH - It doesn't take the top seed long to rack up three match points, and it's only the one needed. A stylish finish sums up his performance in this quarter final: minimal effort, maximum technique. Djokovic books his place in the semis.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 5-4 - BREAK - After some engrossing back-and-forth play takes the ninth game to 30-30, the Serb moves ahead for the first time with a neat backhand before finally clinching the first break of the set. He will now serve for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 4-4 - Though Almagro does well to claw back from 40-0 to deuce, a potentially vital break is not to be as Djok regroups to take the eighth game of the second set from the first advantage point.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-4 - An epic 12 minute, five seconds of back-and forth action is eventually won in style by Almagro with the sort of pinpoint backhand he had been looking for so often previously in the match, to little success, and an ace. That was the seventh advantage point from deuce, the two having three each before that.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 3-3 - Case in point: Errant stuff from Almagro in all four points leads to one of the easiest love-service games Djokovic will ever cruise to.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-3 - And there's the number 12 seed's first love service. His serve has been more consistent in this set so far, but did he miss his biggest opportunity at a break in the previous game?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 2-2 - It looked as though Almagro would make things interesting with a break following a terrific pair of returns to open up the fourth game, but Djok is able to come back from there, stretching the Spaniard in rallies and claiming the game-30.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-2 - Almagro will be frustrated to have scuppered a real opportunity to notch his first love-service of the contest after dropping his first two game points, but eventually wraps up the third of the second set with a wicked volley.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 1-1 - Djokovic challenges correctly at 15-15 when it appears his serve is getting a little loose - and it works, the ball was JUST in contact with the line. From there, it's smooth sailing to level the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 0-1 - Almagro backs up his serving skills with solid forehands, with the exception of a brilliant Djok return for 30-15 and a frustrating net with the Serb out of position. Nonetheless, game-30 for the Spaniard.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-3 - SET - But alas, the damage was of course already done and Djokovic wraps up the first set with his third love-service. Three of the four points won in a spotless manner, Almagro unlucky to lose the third with an out to end the best exchange of the match so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Better from Almagro, and more akin to his strong service in game two. Only dropping a point in his first of three game points, the Spaniard powers his way to game-15.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - It takes Djokovic one minute and two seconds to serve his way to the seventh game without reply from his opponent. The first set is now his for the taking.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - BREAK - And Almagro then hands the break straight back to the world number one, with an error-strewn service game capped by netting a straightforward forehand to put the Serb back in front by two.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - BREAK - Though Almagro initially bounces back with a the first two points against break, Djok's serve eventually overpowers him for 40-30 before the Spanish player battles back with three straight points to break Djokovic for the first time in his career.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - BREAK - Two great returns put the world number one ahead, and after the two trade outs to create a double break point, only the one is required as Almagro hits net. That game will have hurt the confident Spaniard after serving so well first time around.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - First love-service of the quarter-final as Djokovic comfortably clinches the third game.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Almagro lays down a stronger early marker with service, powering his way to game-15 in short order.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - The Serb begins with serve and moves into the lead after the two traded points up to 30-30. A pair of slick forehands from there gave the first game to Novak.
- - And we're underway! Djokovic to serve first...
20:05 - Djokovic was put through his paces en route to the last eight by Pablo Andujar, while Almagro impressed with a straight sets victory over Tomas Berdych. Read more
20:00 - Good evening and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the first quarter-final at ATP Indian Wells, with Novak Djokovic going one-on-one with Nicolas Almagro.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|