|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 7-5 - MATCH - Isner has done it. Roared on at every point by the partial crowd, Isner puts a chalenge to good use en route to a break-15 game to advance to the semi-finals, where he'll meet Novak Djokovic.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 6-5 - Some of Isner's hardest-hitting service thus far leads to a game-15, and Simon must now hold his serve to force a tie-break.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 5-5 - Simon hits love-service and this one is going to the wire.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 5-4 - Better forehand play from Isner leads him to game nine, though not without a scare following an unforced error in his first of two game points. If he can break Simon's serve next, however, he will be moving on to Djokovic on Saturday.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 4-4 - Not just yet he can't. Simon just as assured in service with a game-15. Now the Frenchman will have the same thing running through his mind.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 4-3 - Another love-service from Isner, but as good as his serve has been in this set, can he now go on and find the break in Simon's which will almost certainly move him to the semis?
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 3-3 - Simon survives a break point to level up once again from deuce.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 3-2 -Impressive love-service game hands the American the fifth of the deciding set.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 2-2 - Simon is keeping up here, and you get the feeling that the first break of serve in this set will be enough to decide the match.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 2-1 - The nerviness continues but Isner's serve puts him back ahead.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 1-1 - Simon holds his own serve, despite a nervy game for both competitors, to take the second game. This certainly has been quite the error-strewn quarter-final.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 1-0 - As Simon had to do at the start of the second, Isner begins the first by holding his serve and halting his opponent's momentum. The Frenchman had won five straight games before this deciding set opener.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-6 - SET - And the French player goes on to level the match 1-1 in sets, sealing things with the first of two set points.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-5 - BREAK - A double-break for Simon means barring a miracle from the American, we are heading for a third and final set.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-4 - Simon survives a break point and extends his lead to three games from deuce.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-3 - BREAK - Errors aplenty from the American open the door for Simon to provide the first break of the set and move two games ahead.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-2 - The serve of Simon is getting better: a 126mph ace seals a game-15. The Frenchman now has two aces in just three games of this set after hitting just one in the entire first set.
- - ISNER 6-3 1-1 - Isner eventually settles his game and holds serve to level from deuce.
- - ISNER 6-3 0-1 - Simon wastes little time sealing a game-15 with his serve to take the opening game of the second set and more importantly, stop the rot after dropping the previous four games in a row.
- - ISNER 6-3 - SET - And with a game-15, Isner completes the turnaround and goes one set ahead.
- - ISNER 5-3 - BREAK - Double-break for the American, who is starting to read Simon's below-average service and will now serve for the first set.
- - ISNER 4-3 - Isner holds his serve to lead for the first time in the contest, with Simon's challenge of the final point proving futile. He now has one challenge remaining.
- - ISNER 3-3 - BREAK - An epic 10-minute game sees the American convert his fourth break point to level the first set.
- - ISNER 2-3 - Terrific rescue job from Isner, cancelling out a Simon break point before clinching the first advantage from deuce following an excellent rally.
- - ISNER 1-3 - Simon makes it two game-15s in two service games to re-take the two-game advantage.
- - ISNER 1-2 - Though Simon comes out on top of an enjoyable rally to force deuce, the American finally takes his first game of the match from there.
- - ISNER 0-2 - The Frenchman follows that up with a game-15 to take an early lead of two.
- - ISNER 0-1 - BREAK - First game of the match and the 11 seed's serve has already been broken! Tough start for the American but an encouraging one for Simon.
- - After an hour delay due to the overrun, we are finally underway!
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the second quarter-final at ATP Indian Wells, where Gilles Simon meets John Isner for a place in the final four.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|