|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||3||2||-||-||-|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 - MATCH - Roger's loose backhand sees two match points go down the drain, but he recovers from a well-conjured initial Del Potro advantage to take the eighth game of the second set and wrap up a straight-sets win.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-2 - Game-15 for the Argentine from a combination of improved service and some errant replies from Federer. But does this only delay the inevitable? One has to think so.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-1 - Rapid-fire game puts Fed one away from a straight-sets win, one which includes his 12th ace of the match. Del Potro has yet to hit one.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-1 - BREAK - Only seems to be a matter of time now. Del Potro already cuts a defeated figure as he slumps to a break-15 loss of game five.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-1 - The most confident Federer has looked so far, which says something. A consistently powerful serve followed up by clever short shots to bamboozle a fully-stretched Argentine. Love-service is attained in short order.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-1 - Three games, three five-pointers as Del Potro gets on the board in the second set, accidentally hitting a ball girl with a wicked smash along the way.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - Fed again follows a break-15 with one in service early on in a set to extend his lead.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK - This second set may not take long if things continue at this rate. Submissive stuff from Del Potro of which someone of Federer's calibre is more than happy to make short work. Game-15 against the grain for the Swiss.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET - To add further frustration to those subscribers of the 'Federer's hawkeye' theory, Federer challenges an out at 30-15 which shows the ball landed on the line and hands him a double set point, of which he only needs one to go one set up.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - Some superbly-placed shots propel Del Potro to his third service game without a reply from Fed. He will either now break the Swiss serve and create a potentially interesting climax to the set, or lose it completely.
- - FEDERER 5-2 - Roger now has one hand on the first set after an overhit dipping backhand is his only blemish in an otherwise splendid service game, capped with an ace.
- - FEDERER 4-2 - Another love service game for the Argentine, but unless he can break Federer's serve then that loss of concentration following the hawkeye glitch is set to cost him the first set.
- - FEDERER 4-1 - Roger sharpens up his forehand with good timing to take the fifth game from a shaky start leading to 30-30.
- - FEDERER 3-1 - Love service game from Del Potro could be just the tonic he needs to help get his head back into the match.
- - FEDERER 3-0 - Another game-15, this time from his own serve, puts the Swiss star three ahead as a match which promised to be a tight battle is turning one-sided, and fast, after that replay controversy.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK - They were pretty evenly matched in that first game, but the psychologial advantage has been given to the number three seed now. He eases to a game-15 break of Del Potro's serve for an early lead of two.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - An 11-minute opening game sees both players squander two advantage points from deuce before Federer earns a third which Del Potro challenges as going over the line, only for his request to be declined because of some sort of problem with the replay equipment! Typically, the Argentine goes on to lose that point. He is far from pleased.
- - Federer will serve first. Here we go!
- - Federer and Del Potro are now on court and warming up. Their last meeting was very recently, in Dubai, where Federer won their semi-final contest in straight sets.
- - As we wait for the competitiors to arrive on court at Stadium 1, read more on their respective paths to the last eight in this week's last-16 action. Report
- - Hello and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the ATP Indian Wells quarter-final pitting Roger Federer against Juan Martin Del Potro.
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|