|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 4-6 0-6 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! What a stunning victory for Almagro, who closes out an emphatic win with a bagel in the second set, and that is an embarrassment for Berdych, who stalks off clearly furious with himself. Next up for Almagro will be a quarter-final clash with either Novak Djokovic or Pablo Andujar. Men's drawsheet in full
- - BERDYCH 4-6 0-5 - BREAK! This has all gone horribly wrong for Berdych, who is ruthlessly broken once more by Almagro, who swiftly moves to within a game of the match!
- - BERDYCH 4-6 0-4 - Berdych is completely out of sorts as Almagro stretches his lead, consolidating his break of serve with ease. The Spaniard is flying in this second set.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 0-3 - BREAK! Almagro breaks for a second successive time as Berdych falters, and the Czech is really struggling for rhythm and is looking very despondent.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 0-2 - Almagro consolidates his break of serve with a composed hold, and the Spaniard is unerring as he takes his momentum from the opening set into the second.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 0-1 - BREAK! What a start to the second set for Almagro as he hammers two brilliant forehand passes, and Berdych is unable to respond as he sees his serve breached again!
- - BERDYCH 4-6 - SET! Berdych fires a forehand winner down the line, but it's not enough to break back as Almagro keeps his composure and plays the percentages well to hold and take the opening set!
- - BERDYCH 4-5 - Berdych reduces the deficit as he holds to 15, and he clenches his fist as much in frustration at having been broken before as delight.
- - BERDYCH 3-5 - Almagro consolidates his break of serve with a solid hold, and the Spaniard is utterly clinical in everything that he does.
- - BERDYCH 3-4 - BREAK! Almagro seizes the initiative suddenly as Berdych wavers on serve, and the Spaniard takes full advantage with a fierce forehand down the line and a backhand cross court.
- - BERDYCH 3-3 - Almagro nags away at Berdych, getting everything back and sitting back behind the baseline, outlasting his opponent in long rallies as he holds.
- - BERDYCH 3-2 - Berdych slams a forehand down the line, and he holds serve with two big serves down the T to ram home his advantage in the game.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Almagro levels up once more after a lengthy game in which he is forced to hold after an extended deuce.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - Berdych again holds with a minimum of fuss, and Almagro is not able to make an impact despite planting three returns back in play.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Almagro levels at 1-1 as Berdych goes wide with two full-blooded forehands, and the Spaniard is able to hold.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Tomas Berdych finds two big serves as he holds comfortably in the opening game, and Almagro cannot challenge.
- - Meanwhile, Nicolas Almagro takes on Tomas Berdych over on Stadium 2 with the seventh seed Czech favourite for that one.
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|