|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 1-6 - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Gilles Simon, the 13th seed, wins through to the quarter-finals with a hard-fought victory over Ryan Harrison of the USA! It took a while coming after a comeback from Harrison, but Simon is safely through for a last-eight meeting with John Isner. Men's drawsheet
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 1-5 - BREAK! It's one-way traffic now as Simon breaks for a second successive game, and the Frenchman is now just a game away from victory on serve - surely he will close this out now?!
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 4-1 - Simon consolidates his break of serve, and he's just two games away from victory now with all the momentum, but he blew it last time...
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 3-1 - BREAK! Simon breaks serve as Harrison stutters and is ruthlessly punished by the Frenchman! Can he hold on to and preserve his advantage this time?
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 2-1 - There is nothing to choose between the two players now as this scrap continues on Stadium 2, but the crowd are loving it.
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 1-1 - Harrison levels with ease as he takes the second game, and the American truly believes in himself to win this now!
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 1-0 - Simon gets back on track with a solid hold at the start of the third set, and he has to put that slip up behind him.
- - SIMON 7-6 5-7 - SET! Harrison is absolutely delighted as he seals the set with a gutsy hold under pressure from an agitated Simon, and quite how that turnaround was allowed to happen is beyond anyone here!
- - SIMON 7-6 5-6 - BREAK! What a turnaround this is, as Harrison breaks for a second successive game, and Simon is reeling all of a sudden with his confidence shattered!
- - SIMON 7-6 5-5 - Harrison's remarkable recovery is complete at the end of this second set as he levels the scores with a hard-fought hold, and Simon will have to do it all again.
- - SIMON 7-6 5-4 - BREAK! Harrison breaks back at the death as Simon fails to serve out for the match, and this match has more to it yet! The American is very fired up as he slams a forehand down the line to get back on terms.
- - SIMON 7-6 5-3 - Harrison holds very easily with a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and Simon cannot prevent him from holding comfortably.
- - SIMON 7-6 5-2 - The 13th seed looks to be set for the quarters as Harrison cannot prevent him holding to move to within just one game of victory.
- - SIMON 7-6 4-2 - Simon continues to look very secure on his serve, and Harrison cannot challenge as the Frenchman re-establishes his two-game cushion.
- - SIMON 7-6 3-2 - Simon hammers a forehand down the line, but Harrison responds with two serves outwide which see him take the game.
- - FEDERER 3-6 6-3 - SET! Federer wraps up the second set in convincing fashion as he hammers successive forehand winners into the open court, and the crowd are on their feet in delight as he closes it out to level up this match!
- - SIMON 7-6 3-1 - Eventually, Harrison gets on the board in this second set with a composed hold, but it could well be too little, too late for him in this match.
- - SIMON 7-6 3-0 - Simon consolidates his break of serve very comfortably, firing two forehands into the open court and looking very strong on his own serve.
- - SIMON 7-6 2-0 - BREAK! Simon is really thriving now as he breaks serve and moves into a 2-0 lead in this second set with Harrison out of it.
- - SIMON 7-6 1-0 - Simon gets off to a very solid start at the beginning of this second set, and he holds to 15 as Harrison is slow to get going.
- - SIMON 7-6 - SET! Simon takes the opening set with an incredibly one-sided tie-break, taking it 7-0 with Harrison completely losing his composure and his cool!
- - SIMON 6-6 - Harrison takes the opening set into a tie-break as he holds with ease, and Simon is unable to exert real pressure.
- - SIMON 6-5 - The 13th seed takes the 11th game of the set with a flurry of fine groundstrokes as Harrison appears to ease off slightly, and the Frenchman can pressure now.
- - SIMON 5-5 - BREAK! Harrison hauls himself back on terms in this opening set as he attacks Simon's serve to good effect, and he breaks back at the crucial point!
- - SIMON 5-4 - Harrison holds to put the pressure straight back on Simon to serve out for this opening set. Can he do it?
- - SIMON 5-3 - Simon holds once more as he drives a forehand cross court, and he backs up his serve very well with his powerful groundstrokes.
- - SIMON 4-3 - Harrison finds three first serves as he keeps Simon stretching at the back of the court and he holds.
- - SIMON 4-2 - Simon is untroubled once more as he holds serve to extend his lead in this opening set, and he pulls away once more from Harrison.
- - SIMON 3-2 - Harrison is not looking at all comfortable on serve, and he has to battle through deuce to hold.
- - SIMON 3-1 - Simon stretches his lead as he holds once more to 15, and the Frenchman is thriving in this match as he dictates the play.
- - SIMON 2-1 - Harrison belatedly gets on the board as he hammers two groundstrokes down the line, and Simon loses his first game of the set.
- - SIMON 2-0 - Simon consolidates his break of serve as he fires down three big serves, and Harrison is unable to get going at all.
- - SIMON 1-0 - BREAK! Simon breaks from the outset as he seizes the initiative as Harrison struggles on his serve early on.
- - SIMON 0-0 - Gilles Simon, the 13th seed, gets his match against Ryan Harrison underway on Stadium 2.
|Date of Birth||07/05/1992|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1984|