|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! 'Let's go Andy, let's go' is the chant from the stands as Roddick takes to the court hoping to hold serve to stay alive, but the rendition is fairly half-hearted. So too, it proves, is the American's performance in this game as he drops to 0-40 before Berdych books his place in the fourth round with a booming forehand winner!
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 5-2 - The crowd erupts in hope as Berdych volleys into the net to go 15-30 behind but a big serve on the next point gets him out of immediate danger. Berdych then smashes home from the net to set up game point but he doesn't take it this time as another unforced error brings up deuce. At the next time of asking though, Berdych booms down an ace to hold serve and move to within a game of the match.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 4-2 - Berdych edges 30-15 ahead with a winner down the line. Roddick recovers to go 40-30 up but when the Czech runs around a forehand winner, it's deuce. An ace on the next point puts Roddick in prime position to claim the game though... and he does!
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 4-1 - Berdych consolidates his break of serve with a comfortable hold, and Roddick strives in vain to find a winner or two, but he is unable to do so as the Czech assumes a three-game cushion in this deciding set. Can he close it out?
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 3-1 - BREAK! Berdych seizes the initiative as he pounds a flurry of powerful groundstrokes, and Roddick sees his serve broken at this crucial point in the deciding set! Could that be the crucial move from the Czech, who assumes a 3-1 lead? Berdych is very pumped up.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 2-1 - Berdych is utterly nerveless as he finds two big serves, and Roddick is left floundering at the back of the court as he attempts to force his way into the game but to no avail.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 1-1 - Roddick levels at 1-1, and both players are very fired up as the American shouts "Come on!" after hammering a forehand cross court. Roddick finds two big serves, and he holds.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 1-0 - Berdych slams a forehand down the line and clenches his fist in delight as he closes out the first game of this third set, and the crowd are really getting into this now with Roddick their favourite.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-6 - SET! Roddick wraps it up with a blistering flurry of groundstrokes to complement two big first serves, and Berdych is left with absolutely no chance of challenging his opponent on this occasion as this match is levelled up at one set all!
- - BERDYCH 6-3 4-5 - Berdych reduces the deficit with a determined hold, and the Czech is far from accepting defeat in this second set as he slams successive forehand winners down the line.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 3-5 - Roddick swiftly consolidates his break of serve, and the American is now just a game away from taking this second set and levelling up the match as Berdych is unable to find an immediate response.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 3-4 - BREAK! Roddick breaks serve as he suddenly stamps his authority on proceedings, and Berdych sees his serve suddenly breached from nowhere! He looked so comfortable on serve, but now Roddick has the momentum.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 3-3 - Roddick continues to battle away superbly, and he levels at 3-3 with Berdych unable to provide a resistance on his opponent's serve. The American is very fired up in this second set.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 3-2 - Berdych peppers the line with a flurry of fine first serves, and he has found a quite brilliant rhythm on serve as even Roddick is left applauding his opponent. Berdych looks very hard to stop in this form.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 2-2 - Roddick is keeping pace with Berdych in this second set, and the American finds two huge serves outwide which keep the Czech firmly back behind the baseline. Roddick is battling very hard to keep parity.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 2-1 - Berdych stays ahead of his opponent in this second set with a convincing service hold, and Roddick is unable to respond or provide a resistance on his opponent's delivery. The Czech looks very comfortable.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 1-1 - Roddick levels with an emphatic performance on his serve, and he finds three huge serves to help him close out the game with consummate ease. Can the American sustain this level?
- - BERDYCH 6-3 1-0 - Berdych begins the second set with a comfortable service hold, and the Czech is finding a very good rhythm on his delivery as Roddick finds it extremely difficult to challenge his opponent.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 - SET! Berdych wraps up the set with a convincing display, and Roddick will have to perform at a different level and intensity in the second if he is to compete with the Czech, who is not looking likely to waver at all right now.
- - BERDYCH 5-3 - Roddick gets back to normal service as he finds three big first serves, and he pegs Berdych back on the baseline. The American finds a few big serves to force his way back in.
- - BERDYCH 5-2 - Berdych consolidates his break of serve, and he continues to pile the pressure on Roddick as he looks to close out this opening set in convincing fashion.
- - BERDYCH 4-2 - BREAK! Berdych breaks and stamps his authority on the match with a thunderous forehand as Roddick is forced to go to his sliced second serve, and the Czech is imperious as he clinches the break!
- - BERDYCH 3-2 - Berdych blasts a backhand down the line and, despite Roddick grabbing two points with fierce forehands, the Czech holds firm to lead 3-2 in this opening set.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Roddick slams a forehand cross court, and the American is thriving in this atmosphere with the fans right behind him. He finds three big serves and closes out the game to hold comfortably.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - Berdych hammers a forehand down the line, and he follows that up with a big serve and a crisp half-volley cross court for another winner. The Czech starts very brightly and will look to attack Roddick now.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Roddick finds two huge serves down the T to get going at the start of this opening set, and Berdych can only lunge at the ball, unable to return the ball cleanly. Roddick holds to level.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Berdych begins superbly with a fine forehand winner down the line, and two big serves ensure that Roddick is kept firmly back behind the baseline. It's a fine start from Berdych.
- - BERDYCH 0-0 - Up next on Stadium 1 is Andy Roddick's clash with Tomas Berdych, and this looks set to be an absolute cracker!
|Date of Birth||30/08/1982|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|