|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 6-4 7-6 - MATCH - The sixth seed provokes growing roars with every point he secures, eventually going into a 6-2 lead for four match points. And only one is needed courtesy of his 12th ace of the match. What a way to finish and set up a last-16 tie against either Florian Mayer or John Isner.
- - TSONGA 6-4 6-6 - And it's a tie-break for set two over on Court 1. Can Tsonga finish this, or will Kohlschreiber force a deciding set?
- - TSONGA 6-4 6-5 - Eleven games now in the set going the way of service, and again Tsonga will have a chance to break for the match.
- - TSONGA 6-4 5-5 - Missed opportunity for Tsonga at 30-15 up to finish this, but the German fights back and holds his serve.
- - TSONGA 6-4 5-4 - Tsonga holds off powerful play from his opponent to retain his serve, and can now break for the match.
- - TSONGA 6-4 4-4 - We remain tight after eight games as the German matches Tsonga for four service games.
- - TSONGA 6-4 4-3 - Another two service games and the Frenchman remains narrowly ahead with Kohlschreiber to serve in game eight.
- - TSONGA 6-4 3-2 - Tsonga with a game-15 of his own to claim game five. We could again be looking at a one-break set, but for now there has been little sign of the erratic service from both players in the opener.
- - TSONGA 6-4 2-2 - Kohlschreiber keeps the set with serve after four games, holding to 15 with more of his assured play from the back.
- - TSONGA 6-4 2-1 - You get the feeling this set could also stay neck-and-neck for the most part in these early exchanges. The German takes a great rally in the second point but otherwise it's successful service from Tsonga.
- - TSONGA 6-4 1-1 - But that's not bad from Kohlschreiber, either - love-service sends a message of its own and we're tied one game apiece.
- - TSONGA 6-4 1-0 - Tsonga starts the second set almost as strongly as he had the first, holding serve to 15 to claim game number one.
- - TSONGA 6-4 - SET - He does just that in another in the long list of tough, back-and-forth games between these two. But from 30-30, the French player moves ahead courtesy of an errant shot from the German before wrapping up the first set.
- - TSONGA 5-4 - Another epic game as the two trade errors on their way to deuce, from which Tsonga aces his way out of a second break point before finally taking it himself at the fourth time of asking. He now has a chance to break for the set.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Another excellent service game from Kohlschreiber. Tsonga flusters his way to a game-15 defeat.
- - TSONGA 4-3 - Longest game so far sees Tsonga escape a break point to force deuce and eventually hold his serve in the seventh.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Great service from the German, and though Tsonga prevents love-service on the first of the triple game point, it's a minor blip before the set is tied.
- - TSONGA 3-2 - The Frenchman gets his serve back on track, weathering the dropping of an early point to serve game-15.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - BREAK - Tsonga fights back to cancel out two game points before breaking Kohlschreiber's serve himself to bring the match back level.
- - TSONGA 1-2 - BREAK - The complete opposite of Tsonga's initial serve and the German is quick to exploit the errors and break to 15.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Kohlschreiber doesn't look too bad himself in his first service game, holding to 30 despite a stuttering start netting the first point.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Wow. Superlative love-service game from Tsonga begins proceedings here, with two aces capping a one minute and 24-second performance.
- - Tsonga and Kohlschreiber are now on Court 1, and about to get underway.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||16/10/1983|