|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Djokovic becomes just the third man to win this title three times or more. He's also the first man to defend this title since Federer in 2006. In the end he just had a bit more on the big points than Murray.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-7 (4-7) - MATCH! An ace out wide, and at what a vital time. Two points from the match for Djokovic. A whipped forehand up the line from Murray and he will force Djokovic to serve it out…one mini-break back here and it's all back level…classy put away from the world number one. Two championship points…and Murray puts a forehand long.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-6 (2-4) - Murray with a weak backhand into the net, then the same off his opposite flank. Murray gets the mini-break back as Novak hits long. Djokovic pulls out a ridiculous backhand slice to the line, but Murray out does it with an astonishing dropshot that barely bounces. After all that good work Andy gives the mini-break straight back to Novak with a double fault. A thwacking forehand winner and Djokovic with the advantage at the turnaround.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-6 - Novak gives Murray nothing to work with, with a serve of 82mph. Murray with a world class return of his own though for 30-30. Two points from the set…Murray throws everything at that, but unbelievable defence from Djokovic. Absolutely crushing forehand from the Serb and it's advantage…another quality second serve and it's to the tie break.
- - MURRAY 1-6 6-5 - …Wondrous return of serve from Djokovic though and brutal groundstrokes for deuce. A huge 24 shot rally is put wide by Djokovic, and he does the same with the next and Murray can only lose the set via a tie break now.
- - MURRAY 1-6 5-5 - Murray is caught in no man's land as he volleys into the net from midcourt. Exchanges of errors and it's 30-30. Huge couple of points here…Djokovic drops a defensive lob on the line, but Murray stays in control and gets the point. Deuce once again - somehow Murray has got out of every one so far…double fault! Break point…a kicking serve though and Murray puts away the return. 132mph down the middle, advantage Murray…
- - MURRAY 1-6 5-5 - Murray simply out waits the Serb who eventually goes for too much. A giant second serve following a bizarre mess of a first serve and it's 15-15. Murray almost gets back an overhead, but just wide. Djokovic misses a very simple smash for the game, but both players seem very tentative at the minute and Murray hits wide to gift the Serbian the game.
- - MURRAY 1-6 5-4 - An atrocious volley from Murray who had an age to put it away. Booming serves put him up though 30-15. Three in a row, but an error and the quality's not great at the minute. Djokovic clips the top of the net with a crosscourt forehand and it flies wide and that's the game.
- - MURRAY 1-6 4-4 - Two error from Novak, though Murray did brilliantly to get back a vicious second serve. A couple of massive serves though and it's back to 30-30. Murray looks furious. Yet another pile drives comes out of the sky. But its polar opposite the double fault is next for deuce. The first proper rally for a while and Andy slices poorly into the net. Another backhand mistake and that's a big hold.
- - MURRAY 1-6 4-3 - Djokovic's level is back up though and this time he dominates the extended rally. Good combination on the forehand side from Murray as he goes back in behind the run of the Serb. Djokovic bounces his racket off the floor in frustration following an error. But he repeats the mistake and Murray gets his easiest hold of the set.
- - MURRAY 1-6 3-3 - Novak is doing fine on his own serve though and another ace out wide brings up a 40-0 lead. Murray raps a forehand into the net and it's all of a sudden back onto the Scot's serve.
- - MURRAY 1-6 3-2 - …Murray wraps it up, but it's a real struggle on every Murray service game at the minute.
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-2 - The first double fault of the match comes from the racket of Murray. The Scot gets incredibly lucky after a sensational rally when his pass clips off the net, eluding Djokovic and into the corner. The world number one hits the linesn at will and Murray was never in that point. It's 30-30…a backhand clips the top of the net and it's break point…inexplicable error from Novak for deuce. A 134mph ace down the tee. Massive...
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-2 - A clever sliced forehand from Murray drops just over the net and Novak can only hit into the net. An ace fired down the middle though from Djokovic and a similar hammer down the tee gives Djokovic the game to 15. Murray really needed to put more pressure on there after the collapse from Djokovic in the previous.
- - MURRAY 1-6 2-1 - Murray's looking very ineffective on his own service games at the minute. He just about held in the previous, but goes down 0-30 here. A flashing backhand winner up the line though, but Novak takes no notice and batters a forehand into the corner to set up two break points…he opens up the entire court, but surprisingly hits the forehand wide. A tired looking forehand from Djokovic after 22 shots. Another error, another error and game Murray.
- - MURRAY 1-6 1-1 - The big one-two from Djokovic on the opening point. Both players exchange errors, Murray fails to make both the returns in the next couple of points and that's a hold to 30.
- - MURRAY 1-6 1-0 - Murray instantly tries to change it up as he comes to the net early, but even that doesn't work. Djokovic's best shot, his backhand up the line forces Murray long, but he replies with an ace out wide. What an exceptional get from Djokovic after fantastic play from Murray, but once again Djok comes out on top. Murray holds on though and that is such an important hold.
- - MURRAY 1-6 - SET! Djok comes to the net and slams the short forehand into the corner. A swinging serve forces Murray to angle the return wide. A beautiful backhand crosscourt for another winner and it's two set points…an ace from Novak, Murray challenges to no avail.
- - MURRAY 1-5 - BREAK! A brutal rally is won by the Scot. Djokovic replies with a sensational angled return that Murray fails to control. A brave second serve from Andy as he hits with real pace and it's 30-30. Djokovic goes for the line and misses, but replies with a deft touch at the net for deuce. A poor forehand under no pressure from Andy and it's double break point…not taken, but another chance…a brilliant retrieval from Novak in the rally and he takes it.
- - MURRAY 1-4- A fantastic serve volley saves the break back, and he forces the Scot into a couple of errors to complete the break.
- - MURRAY 1-3- Is Djokovic struggling already with the temperature. He drops the first point of his serve and grimaces as he slowly wipes away the sweat with his towel. He recomposes himself though and reels off the next couple of points. Murray's forehand again breaks down as he hits into the net. Djokovic holds back when he could have smashed though and misses the chance to take the game. A second error into the net and Murray's first break point…
- - MURRAY 1-3- BREAK! But yet another unforced error with the advantage. Murray finally puts the next rally away with an overhead as Djokovic scuttles after everything. Deuce 5 now, and a second error in a row and it's break point…first blood to the Djoker as his consistency forces Murray to hit the backhand wide.
- - MURRAY 1-2- Brilliant from both again; Novak comes to the net and hits a decent volley to the far side of the court, but Murray is there to pass the winner up the line. He wastes the opportunity though and looks slightly agitated here. A poor poor backhand into the net after a long rally and the Serb is zoning in…break point…what a serve down the line though; as good as an ace and back to deuce. A 134mph pile driver is next…
- - MURRAY 1-2- Murray races into a 40-0 lead as Djokovic goes for the lines and continually misses. A brutal backhand from Djokovic that isn't anywhere near the corner is still too much for Murray though and he pulls one back. Another stunning backhand, this time off the return. Djokovic forces Murray further and further back and finally crashes a winner into the corner. Deuce…
- - MURRAY 1-2- Just too good from Djokovic there as he brilliantly drop volleys the pass down the line then lobs the short ball back over the Scot's head. Both players are fantastic returners so there are just very few short rallies. Murray goes for one off the serve there though and completely misses. Another unforced error and it's another hold.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Novak's slightly overhitting at the moment, and Murray's defensive game is working perfectly. Unforced errors are reeled off and Murray holds to 15.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - It's the Djoker who starts on serve, and Murray drops the first rally of the match into the net. Djokovic clips the top of the net in the next point though and it spins way off the court. An outstanding early winner from Murray as he lobs the Serbian perfectly. Djokovic is winning the short points though and he reels off the next two for the game.
18:10 - Djokovic is a supreme returner of serve, easily the best in the world. He's hovering around 60% on his opponents' second serves this year. Against Murray it's even better at around 65%. Murray will need to keep a very high 1st serve percentage today.
18:05 - Djokovic has sailed through to this final in straight sets with consumate ease. Murray has got through the rounds similarly, but he did drop a set to Tipsarevic in the last round.
18:00 - Even their starts to the year are very similar. They've both won 14 matches, Murray's lost one more match than Djokovic. They both have a title each, but Murray recently knocked Djokovic out of the Dubai Championships at the semi-final stage in their most recent encounter.
17:55 - In terms of head-to-heads, there's really not that much between the two players, Djokovic having won two more that the Scot. If you count just the last eight encounters then Murray leads those five matches to three.
17:50 - The players should be out on court at around 6pm GMT, with play to begin shortly after. Djokovic is odds on favourite to win this, but Murray has been looking very strong this year barring that recent second round loss to Garcia-Lopez at Indian Wells.
17:45 - The Serbian was victorious last year as he came from behind to beat World Number 2 Rafael Nadal 4-6 6-3 7-6. It was just one highlight in perhaps the most dominant year from a single player in recent history.
17:40 - Hello and welcome to Eurosport UK's live game-by-game commentary of the Miami Masters final between World Number 1 Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|