|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - NADAL 6-1 6-1 Nadal wraps up his place in the last eight with another trademark winner. He is through with few problems. He wins in one hour on court. Almost like a training session in the end for Nadal.
- - NADAL 6-1 5-1 The double break for Nadal! A couple of wonderful winners by the second seed. A break to love. He will serve for the match.
- - NADAL 6-1 4-1 Nadal comes up with a couple of aces that spins past Kukushkin as the Spanish player moves from 30-30 to within two games of victory here. Looks all over.
- - NADAL 6-1 3-1 - Kukushkin drops serve to love. The pressure beginning to mount now on the outsider as Nadal continues to trouble his opponent with those big spinning shots from deep.
- - NADAL 6-1 2-1 - Nadal drops only only point in moving 2-1 ahead in the second set. Serving and moving well out there. Threat of more rain overhead. Nadal will be keen to get this match done and dusted this evening.
- - NADAL 6-1 1-1 - Nadal carries his opponent to deuce, but Kukushkin is not going quietly into the night as a couple of booming shots enables him to restore parity in this set. We remain on serve.
- - NADAL 6-1 1-0 - Nadal holds serve comfortably to open up the second set, and Kukushkin will need to settle quickly on his own delivery if he is to compete in this set.
- - NADAL 6-1 - SET! Nadal closes out the opening set with consummate ease, and the Spaniard is thriving now as he looks to run away with this match! Kukushkin will need to improve significantly.
- - NADAL 5-1 - Nadal moves to within a game of taking the opening set as he holds at 5-1, and the Spaniard is romping through this match so far as Kukushkin looks to at least make him serve out for it.
- - NADAL 4-1 - Kukushkin receives an encouraging, if slightly ironic, cheer from the Monte Carlo crowd as he punches the air after taking a game off Nadal, and he holds to get on the board.
- - NADAL 4-0 - Nadal again holds serve to consolidate his latest break, and Kukushkin looks pretty beleaguered already as he looks to prevent a first-set bagel.
- - NADAL 3-0 - BREAK! Nadal breaks for the second successive game as Kukushkin falters on serve once more, and the seven-time champion is coasting through this opening set with consummate ease at the moment.
- - NADAL 2-0 - Nadal comfortably consolidates his break of serve as he pounds two belligerent forehands down the line, and Kukushkin is really struggling to even get into the rallies at the moment. Nadal is cruising.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! What a start from Rafael Nadal, who absolutely obliterates two short serves from Kukushkin, and breaks immediately to stamp his authority on this opening set from the outset!
- - Next up on Court Central, world number two and seven-time champion Rafael Nadal is in action against Mikhail Kukushkin.
|Date of Birth||26/12/1987|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|