|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
15:10 - We've got Gilles Simon vs Rafael Nadal coming up in the other semi-final to be contested. Head here to follow the action. Head here to follow the action.
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 6-2 Berdych - An unforced error from Berdych gave advantage to Djokovic on deuce, before the Serb's serve, when serving for the match was returned long to confirm his victory and passage to the final against either Nadal or Simon
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 5-2 Berdych - Djokovic now has a chance to serve for the match after a sloppy error gifted the game to Berdych. Another underwhelming game of few real exchanges; not the greatest game.
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 5-1 Berdych - Clinical from Djokovic again; a good serve followed by an excellent cross-court forearm shot forced Berdych into hitting long and conceding the game. Little remaining in this match, surely.
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 4-1 Berdych - Lovely from Berdych! Finally some tennis is played again as the Czech entirely controls a lengthy rally before wrong-footing Djokovic with a superb crosscourt, forearm shot, well beyond the Serb's reach.
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 4-0 Berdych - Berdych again hits long to give the game to the clinical Djokovic. Difficult to see Berdych even challenging now but it'd be nice to see some more tennis instead of the stop-start play that's taking over.
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 3-0 Berdych - The wind continues to affect play (one wonders if that will benefit Rafael Nadal later), particularly when Djokovic's accurate-looking drop shot fell short at 40-40. But the momentum belongs to the Serb after taking the final rally against stuttering Berdych with a tidy forehand shot
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 2-0 Berdych - Disappointment for Berdych, with the wind clearly affecting him more than the versatile Djokovic. The Serb's now found his rhythm but errors from Berdych lost him that and may continue to do so...
- - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 1-0 Berdych - A double fault from Berdych, at 40-30, hints at returning nerves, before Djokovic gains advantage with a superb, albeit wind-assisted, crosscourt forehand and takes the game by controlling an excellent rally and forcing Berdych to hit both high and long
- - - Djokovic 4-6 6-3 Berdych - Berdych's now the one showing frustration after Djokovic levels the match, taking the second set after a smash shot forces Berdych to hit his return long. Momentum now all with the Serb, who'll be favourite to take the decisive set, but not the most fluid tennis either of these men have played.
- - Djokovic 4-6 5-3 Berdych - Well played by Berdych who controls the game, and the final rally against the defensive Djokovic before taking the game with a clinical, sound forehand shot beyond the Serb. The next game could be crucial
- - Djokovic 4-6 5-2 Berdych - Another uneventful game which Djokovic takes without dropping a point with an excellent ace down the T. That third set's looking increasingly likely...
- - Djokovic 4-6 4-2 Berdych - Somewhat of a non-game, in reality. No real rallies of note; Berdych edged ahead with some tiny tennis before taking the game when Djokovic hit a forehand long
- - Djokovic 4-6 4-1 Berdych - Djokovic wins the game as Berdych hits long following a superb crosscourt backhand shot that took the Czech off balance and made any return difficult. Djokovic now three games up and, as is almost customary, looks on course to recover from dropping the opening set.
- - Djokovic 4-6 3-1 Berdych - routine for Berdych; no real rallies developed. with Djokovic not given the chance to get into the game before hitting long at 40-0
- - Djokovic 4-6 3-0 Berdych - Great recovery from the world number one after double faults gave Berdych two break points. Djokovic recovered to take control, defended superbly and clinically took the final rally with another forehand shot
- - Djokovic 4-6 2-0 Berdych - Djokovic now looks back in control; this game produced his best tennis of the match, winning the game by protecting the crosscourt throughout a high-quality rally which he finished by drawing Berdych into the net before a crosscourt forehand shot past the Czech.
- - Djokovic 4-6 1-0 Berdych - the world number one began the game visibly unhappy but appeared to reach a catharsis of sorts by the end, recovering from a break point to Berdych to win with an impressive, powerful forehand shot (though not powerful enough to be considered a smash) after controlling the rally
- - Djokovic 4-6 Berdych - Further obvious frustration from Djokovic, who reacted to a poor shot when off balance by hitting his racket into the ground, when playing to break Berdych. But superb from the Czech who took the game away from the world number one and took the set with a simple, straight forehand shot beyond Djokovic.
- - Djokovic 4-5 Berdych - Berdych passed up three break points after doing well to go 15-40 up (at which point he'd won 11 of the last 13 points) before a sudden improvement in Djokovic's serving redirected play. Further chances came for Berdych and were wasted before taking the last rally over an apparently-unsettled Djokovic with a simple, steadily crosscourt, forehand.
- - Djokovic 4-4 Berdych - surprisingly defensive play from Djokovic who passed up the opportunity to smash the ball past the retreating Berdych before a lame forehand reply into the net. Poor composure, too. Is his concentration waning?
- - Djokovic 4-3 Berdych - Real anger there from Djokovic - even slamming his racket into the ground - and it's understandable. Completely gifted that game to Berdych with some sloppy play, particularly with his forehand, to allow the Czech to take his first break point and back into the set.
- - Djokovic 4-2 Berdych - Berdych, serving into the sun, drops a big game with a double fault, having already been generous and rather sloppy in this game, gifting Djokovic points with unforced errors, though it's worth noting his lack of luck whenever his shots clip the net.
- Correction Djokovic 3-2 Berdych
- - Djokovic 3-2 Berdych - Some classy tennis being played now, by both men, though particularly the world number one. Berdych played some great shots from the baseline, but Djokovic remained in control of their rallies and forced Berdych to hit into the net when attempting to hit down the line, securing another service game.
- - Djokovic 2-2 Berdych - Better composure from Berdych after showing signs of nerves in the opening three games and recovering from an unforced error to control the final point which ended with Djokovic hitting long, straight down the court
- - Djokovic 2-1 Berdych - Sloppy there from Berdych; the Czech did well to gain control of their rally after a strong serve from Djokvic but blew his potential advantage with a weak drop shot that sluggishly hit the net.
- - Djokovic 1-1 Berdych - Good play from Berdych after real pressure from his opponent. On deuce, Berdych served a superb ace straight down the T before drawing Djokovic in with a drop shot and smashing his return past him
- - Djokovic 1-0 Berdych - Slow start from Berdych. Djokvic comfortably controlled brief rallies on the latter two points, while Berdych failed to return the world number one's first two serves. Routine for him.
12:15 - Djokovic to serve first...
12:10 - The news that Djokovic is grieving his grandfather and couldn't concentrate as he'd like when he beat Robin Hasse provides an interesting dynamic to the match. Regardless, the two are about to start...
12:05 - The graceful Berdych is obviously this afternoon's underdog against the imperious Djokovic but it's hot in Monte Carlo and that could suit him; it may well be speed his game up.
12:00 - - Hello and welcome to the live game-by-game coverage of the Monte Carlo Masters semi-final between Novak Djokovic and Tomas Berdych. I'll (@decwarrington) be talking you through this afternoon's game.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|